Thursday 20 November 2014

Thursday 20/11/2014 - Bathampton AA - Over 55's and Disabled - Withy Pool

The only other option to attending the Coffin Dodgers at Withy was for me to stay at home – not an option.

Less is more. With only 20 booked in at least peg 38 wouldn’t be in the draw bag!! In to the draw bag and out comes peg 42. The nearest available peg to 38!! That said I have always had a good days fishing from this peg.

For company I had Mike Jones who was modelling a clean set of fishing clothing. Apparently his wife was out for the day and was able to break the house rules and sneak his kit in the washing machine – hope this hasn’t got him in trouble!!

Easy peg to set up for – the one rig -  a 4x16 Jolly to be fished down the track (the peg is only 13 metres wide swallowing up both sides on to stone (shale).

No pellet today just the humble maggot (fluro and red) and my Skimmer GB.

Having set up I stepped onto the platform and slipped on the moss which has taken a liking to the green like carpet fitted to the top of the platform (upper pictured right) I landed on my number four shattering it into three pieces. I have for eight years carried a spare pole but recently stopped so no spare four – bugger. Mike Jones lent me his Maver short number four and by cutting the remainders of my section I managed to cobble a number four together (pictured right). I was worried about the Maver content if I hooked a Carp.

Ready for the off when I noticed another angler setting up next to me (pictured right). I think I was in his swim! Pointing the camera and it ran off never to return.

As long as I am getting bites I am enjoying my fishing, and that’s what I did catching circa 75 tiny Ronnie’s steady throughout the match interrupted by two Carp. The first I landed a Mirror weighing 12lb 10oz the other was foul hooked with little to no chance of landing.

My Silvers weighed 5lb 12oz and added to my lonely Carp took me to 6th overall with 18lb 6oz.

The match was won by Dave Bacon (pictured right with the Silvers winner) with 37lb 9oz from peg 62. Dave caught on his favourite pellet feeder rig.

The Silvers was won by Dave Wride (pictured lower right with his catch of Skimmers) from fancied point peg 48 with 24lb 2oz. Dave caught at 13 metres using maggot hook bait over GB laved with caster. Dave needed to keep the feed going in to keep the fish coming.

Full Result:

  1. Dave Bacon 37-09-0 peg 62
  2. Pete Phillips 30-01-0 peg 66
  3. Dave Wride 24-02-0 peg 48
  4. Rich Coles 20-10-0 peg 47
  5. Pete Greenslade 19-10-0 peg 44
  6. Mike Nicholls 18-06-0 peg 42
Top Silvers:

  1. Dave Wride 24-02-0m peg 48
  2. Rich Coles 20-10-0 peg 47
  3. John Barker 15-04-0 peg 46

No comments: