Thursday 15 August 2013

Thursday 15/08/2013 - Bathampton Over 55's and Disabled - Bridge Pool

After picking up matey Bob Warren and breakfast at ASDA it was in to the draw bag. It was good to see two new members especially Geoff Grant. We usually let new comers pick up coin on their first match, I don't know what went wrong today Geoff!

After yesterdays match I was knackered so I was hoping for a day on the Silvers so drawing peg 26 was spot an and out and out Skimmer peg.
 
So with the Ronnie rig and Jolly set up I set about catching Silvers initially on the soft pellet over wetted micro at 5 metres in the deepest swim on the Pool. I managed to get a lot of fizzing, but no bites, not even a liner. So it was on to the Ronnie rig with caster and I started catching small 1oz specimens but very slowly. So back on the Jolly and I did have a few small Skimmers but again it was really slow. I persevered with the silvers until the last 45 minutes where I set up a paste rig and managed to foul hook six Carp landing two of them. The margins are very steep, hence deep the probable reason for the fouling.
 
I was glad to hear the all out managing to put a measly 8lb 2oz of Silvers and 18lb 12oz of Carp for a total of 26lb 14oz, looking at the Silvers caught it felt as if I fished a different match!
 
The match was won by Rich Coles (pictured right with some of his catch) with 138lb of Carp from peg 24. Rich caught in his RH margin fishing paste over allsorts of feed.
 
The Silvers was won by new triple bypassee Charlie Barnes (pictures right with one of his 5lb Bream; it was actually 4lb 14oz and lower right with the Match winner). Charlie caught on Lidl corn fished over caser and corn. Charlie fed 1 ½ pints of caster and 2 pints of corn!

Full Result:
 
  1. Rich Coles 138-0-0 peg 24
  2. Ray Bazeley 87-07-0 peg 11
  3. John Smith 72-08-0 peg 19
  4. Mike Jones 72-0-0 peg 30
  5. Chris Rolfe 50-11-0 peg 13
  6. Pete Phillips 48-06-0 peg 5

Top Silvers:
 
  1. Charlie Barnes 28-02-0 peg 7
  2. Chris Rolfe 20-13-0 peg 13
  3. Mike Keys 19-14-0 peg 17
Weigh Sheets Follow:















 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Mike Jones said...

That was a bit of a paste bashing you had from the next peg today Mr Nicholls! Are you now going to pass your paste masters crown?

Silverfox Match Angling said...

Mike I know maths aren't your strong point, but the pegs went 24, 25, 26...! I will take you slowly through it again next match - lol.

Mike Jones said...

Forgot I put 25 in this time, normally leave it out, you couldn't even beat the duff peg next door.