Sunday 26 May 2013

Sunday 26/05/2013 - KP Pole Only Series - Final Round - Acorn Fishery - Paddocks and Canal

After a week away in Devon with the Brighton Half of the family it was eagerly back fishing.
 
As it was the last match the pools were paid and it was a free draw. As I could only gain one more point, so it was more a question of not losing ground on the weight score, so I needed to be on any peg on Paddocks rather than the Canal. In to the draw box and out comes peg 6 on Paddocks, which will do. For company I had travelling partner Bela and Nick Harvey and his Jack Russell on peg 40.
 
It was my first time on this peg and with only a paste attack in mind I set up two paste rigs one for over to the corner of the bridge and the other down the RH margin (Bela had claimed my LH margin). Having plumbed around I fancied the peg may not be that conducive to paste as it has deep flat margins – committed now.
 
Starting in the LH margin I had a run of six quick Carp albeit on the small side. The problem with these fish and paste is that the bites are hard to read as the mess around with it – a bit like Skimmers and soft pellet. Bela was also catching well with banded pellet – that was until he switched to paste and foul hooked a dead mouse (pictured right)!! Both our swims died so I went out long with the paste and found that although I was getting plenty of indications I wasn’t adding much to the net, this due to the flat bottom I was fishing on, adding just another six Carp.
 
Half way through the match it looked as if no one was fishing for the Silvers and with the peg having a recent history of Silvers I thought about fishing for them – but I didn’t, something I wish I now did as I may have collected another £40.
 
And that is how my match went catching a few from each swim until the end. I was expecting to catch well in the last hour but it didn’t, weighing 73lb 2oz for a lowly 4 points. However, I did finish up joint second with Tom Thick, but Tom had a bigger weight than me so I finished the league in third place, making it every match a pick up.
 
 
The match was won by Brian Slipper (pictured right with the Silvers winner) with 112lb 15oz from bridge peg 33. Brian caught over shallow with banded pellet.
 
The Silvers was won by Paul Faiers with 39lb 4oz from Canal peg A3. Paul caught on worm or maggot over sloppy GB.
 

For the overall league position see Chris Fox’s blog. However, the picture below shows the top three overall and the top three Silvers overall in the league (with the Silver crew pushing to the front). The overall league was won by Pete Bartlett helped by a second overall on the day, also pictured with today’s catch.
 
Full Result:
 
1.      Brian Slipper 112-15-0 peg 33
2.      Pete Bartlett 112-03-0 peg 9
3.      Lewis Jones 108-14-0 peg 23
4.      Tony Rixon 99-15-0 peg 1
5.      Tom Ford 87-12-0 peg 8
5.      Tom Thick 87-12-0 peg 18
 

Top Silvers:
 
1.      Paul Faiers  39-04-0 peg Canal A3
2.      Glen Calvert 21-04-0 peg 30
2.      Russ Peck 21-04-0 peg Canal A8
 
Weigh Boards:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: