Sunday 10 March 2013

Sunday 10/03/2013 - Kev Perry Series - Round One - Acorn Fishery - Paddocks & Match Lake

Bela and I were supposed to be at Viaduct in the last match of the teams of five winter league. However, as the team were doing “not so well” due to Tom Mangnall’s draw arm deserting him and with a clash with the KP series at Acorn we thought out fortunes were best found here. I called Tom to find I would have been on peg 80! Enough said as this has been one of the worse pegs of the series so far.
 
Bela arrived dead on time as usual. Only to find he was suffering from concussion. Apparently Bela went out with “Stella” last night and “she” pushed him over twice banging his head – and forced her fingers down his throat!
 
We had breakfast in Acorn café; unusually I finished off Bela breakie in exchange for my last two paracetamol.
 
The weather conditions were atrocious to say the least; I just wanted a peg with the cutting wind off my back.
 
In to the draw bag and out comes peg C2 – permanent peg 12. I know back in the summer when I last fished the venue I would have run to the peg, but I wasn’t so sure of myself today as a lot of water has passed on the Autumn and Winter bridge since. But I nearly had the wind off my back coming in over my RH shoulder at 11 o clock.
 
I must admit I really fancied the RH margin as it was a corner peg with the water flat calmish. So this is where I targeted. I set up a 4x12 Jolly for up the inside shelf and a 4x16 Jolly for down the inside shelf.
 
The upshot was that I didn’t have a bite on the three lines I tried. After a bite less first hour I decided to try the far bank as I had seen a Carp tail wave at me. This meant getting out two more sections including the coloured 13 metre storage tube! After adapting the 4x12 Jolly which I set to four foot. I went over with the kinder pot putting in dead maggots with a single dead red on the hook. I had a Carp first put-in followed by two more the next I foul hooked which soon came off. The upshot was that I kept a few Carp coming until the end weighing 1lb 12oz of Silvers (2 – F1’s and a solitary Skimmer) and my twelve Carp weighed 35lb for a total of 36lb 12oz foe a section win and sixth overall – hindsight is  wonderful thing.  Now feel as if I had now adjusted to the current conditions.
 
The match was won by Paul Bartlett (pictured right with his catch) with 68lb 3oz from peg 9.
 
The Silvers was won from the “Dog Bone” peg 8 by Nigel Vigus (pictured right) with 14lb 6oz.
 
Full Result:
 
1.      Paul Bartlett 68-03-0 peg 9
2.      Mike Owens 62-09-0 peg 34
3.      Lewis Jones 52-10-0 peg 7
4.      Chris Fox 44-08-0 peg 33
5.      Matt Tomes 44-04-0 peg 38
6.      Mike Nicholls 36-12-0 peg 12
 
Top Silvers:
 
1.      Nigel Vigus 14-06-0 peg 8
2.      Tim Ford 12-0-0 peg 7
 
Full Section Boards are below:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: