Sunday 17 February 2013

Sunday 17/02/2013- Viaduct Teams of Five Winter League - Round Two - All Lakes

It was my turn on Match Lake where the waggler is usually key. However, my Arthritis was playing up in my right hand. Tom Mangnall came back with the team draw, which didn’t appear to be wonderful to say the least.
 
Tom peg 26
Me peg 52
Jamie peg 71
Steve peg 102
Bela 132
 
I wasn’t that disappointed with the draw until I got to the peg and found once again there was a pesky small irritating tree on the right hand/directly over head cast. Cut it down it has no value on this venue!
 
With the wind off my right shoulder I was hopeful about he waggler so this was the first float I set up. I ended up changing the float three times because of the difficult cast and my painful right hand, settling for a heavier float than I would normally use. I set up a 4x14 jolly to be fished at 11.5 metres (all that I could ship out) for maggot/caster over GB. And finally a LH margin rig to be fished at 10 metres for the worm over CW&C.
 
On the “All in” I fed a ball of GB laced with Pinkie and caster at 11.5 metres at 12 o clock. Next to get fed was some potted CW&C down the edge.
 
The cunning plan was to start on the waggler with single white maggot over to the island but not initially too close loose feeding some caster short. First cast and a 2lb Carp gets netted. This was quickly followed by three F1’s – got if sorted – not. The fish just disappeared. Then the wind got up making it very difficult. Not until I had to chuck tight to try and try and get a bite. This resulted in frustration ending up in tears losing a couple of my precious wagglers (hope Steve Long don’t nick them)!
 
The upshot was I struggled for the rest of the match catching two small Perch down the edge plus a “worth the visit” 1lb Perch, The pole produced a few Ronnie’s and three small Skimmers.
 
I did get up and set up the feeder but didn’t have a bite on it and even then managed to loose a couple of feeder in the opposite bank – I’m loosing it!
 
My Silver weighed in at 3lb 3oz and my Carp 7lv 14oz for a total of 11lb 1oz and a miserable 6 points.
 
Team wise it wasn’t looking good:
 
Tom 2lb-7oz – 1 point
Me 11lb-1oz - 6 points
Jamie 3lb-60z - 4 points
Steve 115-15oz – 17 points
Bela 1lb-oz – 1 point
 
The match was won by Des Shipp (pictured right with the Silvers winner a photo of the top two anglers in the South West – been waiting for this one a while) from peg 85 with 191lb 1oz caught on meat on the lead, feeding nothing.
 
Full Result:
 
1.      Des Shipp 191-01-0 peg 85
2.      Dave Romain 175-10-0 peg 53
3.      Mark Poppleton 152-12-0 peg 116
4.      Rob Wyatt 146-02-0 peg 73
5.      Martin Preston 136-14-0 peg 4
6.      Mash 128–13-0 peg 78
 
Top Silvers:
 
1.      Tony Rixon 32-04-0 peg 38
2.      Alex Murray 25-07-0 peg 24
 
Below are today's Section sheets:
 










 

No comments: