Thursday 8 September 2011

Thursday - 08/09/2011 - Viaduct Cost Cutter - Carey and Lodge Lakes

Another good turn out for the Skivers match with 28 fishing and with Campbell and half of Carey being booked we were left with the other half of Carey and the whole of Lodge Lake. I like Lodge and was hoping to draw there. That was until John Green told me it was fishing really hard. John was first it the draw tin pulling peg 61 on Lodge, I was second in and out comes peg 62 on Lodge. Umm!

Walking to my peg I spied young Clayton Hudson on peg 53 another flyer. I must admit I was impressed with his pole roller (pictured right). It looks as if was designed by an Aerospace Company – come to think of it, it probably was!!

Looking around there was no signs of life in my peg; however, there were loads of Carp crashing around in pegs 66 and 64 all day. I set up an array of rigs as the day went on trying to catch a fish of any description on all the baits you can mention, but to no avail. John Green had landed one foul hooked Carp on the waggler. With two hours to go I decided to try the maggot in the margin to catch some of the millions of small Rudd and Ronnie’s that live there. Amazingly I could only catch the odd one with the maggot just sitting there. With 45 minutes left and 2lb 4oz of tiny fish in the net, I resigned my self to the margin with a big lump of paste whilst I fed the remainder of my maggots. This coincided with John Green who hadn’t caught another fish throwing in the towel. I was amazed to see my float fly under and an 8lb Common was in the net. This happened another three time before the whistle sounded, losing the last one due to my over eagerness to get back out for another. My three Carp weighed in at 25lb 6oz for a total of 27lb 10oz. This elevated me to third on Lodge and ninth in the match!

When I catch fish late in the matchas today, I am always left wondering if it was the fish turning on due to the time of day, or should I have tried feeding the maggot earlier with the paste over the top. It’s no good beating myself up over this as I will never know, and it will no doubt happen again.

The Silvers on Lodge was won with just 8lb by matey Terry Bruton on peg 59.

The match was won by Roger Winter with 103lb from peg 90 where the wind was blowing into. I am not sure how he caught as I didn’t see him after the match. I think he was fishing on.

The Silvers was won by Dave Wride with 32lb 15oz from peg 97. Dave fished 4mm expander over micros.

The reason it fished so bad today was most likely due to the photosynthetic organism (Algae) dying off absorbing a lot of the waters oxygen (time of year). So today we were fishing in H2 instead of H2O!!!!

Full Result:

1. Roger Winter 103-0-0 peg 90
2. Glen Radford 99-04-0 peg 102
3. Mash 92-10-0 peg 103
4. Andy Neal 60-09-0 peg 100
5. John Saving 58-03-0 peg 101
6. Steve Henderson 54-02-0 peg 66

Top Silvers:

1. Dave Wride 32-15-0 peg 97
2. Mash 12-02-0 peg 103

No comments: