Sunday 25 September 2011

Sunday 25/09/2011 - Carps AC Silvers League - Round Two - Viaduct Fishery

This is yet another league I had to miss a match in, so it’s going to be very difficult to pick up overall, especially with the quality of Silver Anglers fishing the league. There is not going to be an easy run for anyone.

With two sections on Spring Lake (PSV had Campbell booked) which is where everyone wanted to draw, including me. In to “pass the coffee tin” and out pops peg 88. Not on Spring Lake but a half tidy Silvers peg on Carey.

Assessing the peg on arrival I thought the water looked a bit clear for GB. So decided on two rigs on Ronnie caster rig over caster and a 4x14 Jolly to be fished at 11.5 metres at 11-0 clock, again with caster over caster and out in front over GB with a variety of hook baits for the Skimmers. The GB feeder and waggler was a non starter because I was too close to the pegs in the low nineties – the diagonal bank.

On the whistle I put in six balls of GB laced with a few casters in on the Skimmer line and twenty or so caster on the other long line. I started on the Ronnie rig feeding five or so casters regularly with single caster on the hook. I had a very productive first two hours catching Ronnie’s, Hybrids and the odd Perch for about 10lb. A good section start then the swim went a bit iffy once the sun broke through. So out on the GB line with double dead red Maggot and a short run of 2 – 3oz Skimmeretts until the Carp started to play, losing the complete rig and elastic at one stage which was fairly new having in the pole for only 2 ½ years! Three trashed rigs later I went over the caster line and the same again – no quality - just more Carp. The light got really bad with the combination of ripple and the bright sunlight, I couldn’t see the float. So I went back on the Ronnie line where I finished the match. Everyone in the sections (except me) was owning up to 13lb. As I was last in the section to weigh, Bob Gullick’s 13lb went 22lb and was top in the section with the bottom weight being 17lb! My 20lb 8oz put me second in the section, so as anticipated it was a really tight and competitive section.

As expected the match was won from Spring Lake peg 17 by Barry Fitchew (pictured right) with 45lb 6oz of quality Skimmers. Barry caught on the waggler fishing caster over loose fed caster. Barry fed about one pint throughout.

Full Result:

1. Barry Fitchew 45-06-0 peg 17
2. Lee Werret 43-02-0 peg 18
3. Mark Broomsgrove 41-08-0 peg 20
4. Glen Calvert 35-14-0 peg 99
5. John Gray 35-06-0 peg 100
6. Mike Walker 32-05-0 peg 10

League Leaders (weight order):

1 Bob Gullick 2 pts
2 Tim Pallant 2 pts
3 Glen Calvert 3 pts
4 Stuart Foale 3 pts
5 Barry Fitchew 4 pts
6 Lee Werrett 4 pts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your right you didn't admit to 13lb, you were admitting to a lot less! lol