Wednesday 25 May 2011

Wednesday 25/05/2011 - Carps AC - Plantation - Match Lake

What a wonderful venue, where else can you catch 25lb of Silvers off any peg. A word of warning though, the owners have changed the names of the Lakes. Horseshoe is now “The match Lake” and the Match Lake is? So I will be careful when booking the venue or booking in to a match.

The owners had close the entire Lake for us, however, I think they were expecting the Lake to be full as I overheard Colin Golding getting a scalding from the owner for taking up the entire Lake. As usual Colin talked her round.

Second in to the draw box and out pops peg 26. Chris Davis reminded me it’s the peg I broke my pole the last time I drew it. I was happy with this as there are plenty of Ronnie’s in this swim.

I set up a paste rig for the margin, I don’t know why now as it didn’t get wet. I set up a Skimmer rig for 11.5 metres and three Ronnie rigs. I started on the Skimmer line fishing 6mm meat over meat for a change. I did have a couple of decent Skimmers before the Carp showed up I caught two and decided to give this up and concentrate on the Ronnie’s. I caught on all three rigs but caught the lions share on the 2 metre whip at full depth using caster over loose fed caster. I fed about one pint.

My two Carp weighed in at 8lb 13oz and my Silvers weighed 36lb 5oz for a grand total of 45lb 2oz (pictured right). This put me fifth overall and first on the Silvers.

The match was won by Dave Baker (picture right with some of his catch) with 125lb 12oz from peg 29. Dave caught on the Method Feeder using hair rigged 8mm hard pellet using IM5 green GB in his mould.

Full Result:

1. Dave Baker 125-12-0 peg 19
2. Chris Davis 81-06-0 peg 38
3. John Thompson 72-09-0 peg 29
4. Mike Owens 59-11-0 peg 4
5. Mike Nicholls 45-02-0 peg 26
6. Steve Dawson 34-13-0 peg 12

Top Silvers:

1. Mike Nicholls 36-05-0 peg 26
2. Andy Gard 29-05-0 peg 8
3. Steve Dawson 28-02-0 peg 12

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice net of silvers.Best picture I have seen on your blo

Silverfox Match Angling said...

Thanks Anonymous Ray