Wednesday 30 September 2009

Wednesday - 30/09/2009 - Huntstrete - Bridge Pool

Today I had reluctantly decided to fish Rip Off’s match at Landsend (I am renaming Rip Off - "Lottery Ticket" as he takes so many £1 side bets with a fourteen Million to one chance of beating him) . It’s not the venue that’s an issue for me, but the fishing times - 12 to 6pm which means I don’t get home until 19:30. For a reason only known to her, Brenda does like to sit down to dinner with me spot on 18:00. So having one pint of casters and half a pint of maggots I had enough bait for the Silvers. I also had some soft pellet and paste. I also had plenty of time to have a breakfast at home. However, at 07:30 the phone rings and its Sally wanting a lift to the doctors as one of my twin Granddaughters has Salmonella poisoning (contracted whilst on holiday at Weymouth) which had infected her urine – extremely painful in females. No match for me today. After sorting out everything I could I had five hours before I was needed again, so off to Bridge Pool. I don't usually do pleasure fishing - I find it meaningless.

I thought I would fish one of the Skimmer pegs in the thirties. On arrival I spied Terry Bruton fish peg 26 (practicing for coffin dodgers mugging), so after a quick chat I decided to fish peg 24 to be a bit social! I planned on fishing caster for the Skimmers and Ronnie’s for two of the four remaining hours and the last two hours for Carp. I struggled for a while on the Silvers, primarily due to the water being too clear. I soon sorted out the rig and presentation and started to catch a few Perch and Ronnie’s. After the two hours I reckon that I had a bout 8 lb. So after the Carp in the margin – no paste!! Terry came to the rescue and gave half of his. I must say it was spot on once I had put another gallon of water with it!!! The upshot was that I landed seven big double figure Carp and with my 8lb of Silvers I reckoned I had just made the ton. With Terry having leant me the paste it would not be gentlemanly of me to say I beat him again!!

1 comment:

tony rixon,s days out said...

hope the grandaughter is ok .
you must be fully aware now of urinary problems being as you are of an age when the old prostate dribble happens lol