Saturday 18 July 2009

Sunday 19/06/2009 - Avon Angling Pole Only Open - Viaduct Fishery - Campbell

So Motorists will get up to £5,000 off the cost of a new electric car within two years under plans to create cleaner modes of transport. What a load of green claptrap. Where’s does electricity come from? No dear, not from the clean white plug in the wall. Electricity is generated from burning another fuel, typically in the UK Coal and Gas both process produce huge amounts of C02!! So what’s the point of burning a fuel to make another fuel!! On the other hand Nuclear power generation doesn’t produce C02!!

I had the choice today to fish either the Carps AC match on Carey or the Rixon’s Rip-off Pole only on Campbell Lake. I chose Campbell, simply because it was a pole only and I believed it would fish far better because of pole only, and it did with seven weights over the ton! I drew peg 114, which is a reasonable peg for Carp (although my mate Terry Bruton only managed 25lb the day before off this peg). After the draw a quick word with Steve Long, who informed me that the Silvers were being caught on worm over ground bait. I didn’t have any GB so borrowed some of matey Tony (6 month old split bag of Gimps Black). The wind was gusting into me at 11 clock so set up at 11 metres with paste as near in to the wind as I could. First put in on paste I had a 5 lb Carp. Then the wind got too bad to fish the paste - the paste was getting pulled off with the tow. A quick look round and the pegs opposite and those at the car park end were really bagging. So I made the decision to fish for the Silvers pool. I had fed some GB out in front at 11 metres and tried worm over it and had a few Skimmers. I could not pick up the under tow and was left laying on over depth, it was really slow. In to the Ronnie RH margin with caster after an hour on them I reckoned I had about 10 lb of Silvers. I had a couple of Ronnie’s fall off but luckily they landed in my Carp net – I will retrieve them later at the weigh in, I thought!! with one hour to go I decide to try paste in the LH margin over the loose fed 4mm pellet, which I had been feeding since the start. I had a run of seven Tench and one lost. Then the vermin moved in, disrupting the Tench. The result was a couple of double figure Carp. I weighed 33lb 11oz of Carp (unfortunately, I had forgotten about the two Ronnie’s and weighed them as Carp) and 24lb 14oz of Silvers for a total weight of 58lb 9oz (beat you again Terry). This put me 13th overall and second in the Silvers by just 4oz – I wonder what those Ronnie’s would have weighed? However, I did pick up £30. I was happy with this, as I felt, I could have fished better.

The match was won by Phil Harding (pictured right with part of his catch) from peg 125 with 177lb 7oz. Phil fished 8mm pellet shallow (6 to 18 inches deep) at 13 metres using hair rigged 8mm pellet, lose feeding 8mm pellet over the top. The majority of the framing weights came from pegs that had some shelter from the wind.

The Silvers was won by young Dan Squires from peg 123. Dan caught on 8 mm pellet at full depth fishing in to the end Margin. Am I ever going to draw this peg? The statisticians will tell me I might never draw it!

Full Result:

1. Phil Harding 177-07-0 peg 125
2. Bryan Shanks 167-12-0 peg 128
3. Martin Pettifor 148-09-0 peg 135
4. Tony Rixon 136-02-0 peg 112
5. Martin McMahon 127-08-0 peg 126
6. Martin Lenaghan 114-04-0 peg 121
7. Bela Bakos 100-02-0 peg 12
9
Top Silvers:

1. Dan Squires 25-02-0 peg 123
2. Mike Nicholls 24-14-0 peg 114

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how would know they were bagging opposite ,you asked me after who had caught what as the only person you had seen catching was martin on peg 135,you hadnt seen the 3 anglers opposite catch between 127 and 177 lol