Sunday 19 October 2008

Sunday 19/10/08 - Veals Teams of Four Winter League Round 3 - Landsend Fishery

After many years of trying to develop "hind sight" I am still left lacking in this department. Today was such an example. "If only" I knew that 10lb 15 oz of would win the Silvers pool today, with 8lb 10 oz coming fourth!

The team draw put me on peg 32 on Specimen Lake (why can't I draw my own peg!). This is the car park end, far bank, corner peg, (I hate corner pegs when targeting Silvers). Tom Thick gave me a run down on the peg - "Fish sixteen metres shallow to the end margin tree". How nice it must be to be eighteen, sixteen stone and six foot two. I didn't have the heart to tell him I only take two poles both thirteen metres, because I can't see any further! Tom had drawn peg 50 on John's Water (a peg I fancied).

I set up seven rigs (don't tell Kev Dicks). I started by feeding chopped worm and a few caster at 4 metres at 2 o clock. I fed corn and caster at 13 metres into the end margin. I started on the 4mm pellet over my test pot of micro at 10 metres at 11 o clock. This resulted in one five pound Carp. No silvers! Blimey I am in trouble (as was everyone else, as it happened). On to the Ronnie caster rig - no bites - the world is about to end. On to the chopped worm rig and a few small Perch and Ronnies - one lost foul hooked carp. Out on the paste over the test pot at 10 metres - nothing. Fed a new chopped worm and caster line at 10 metres which resulted in a 15lb 8oz Common Carp (Dad was looking down on me whilst I was playing it, I gave it plenty of chances to get free).

I kept rotating all the swims until I decided to stay on 10 metre chopped worm rig to the end, which resulted in a total Silvers weight of 5lb 11oz (see what I mean, if I had stuck with the CW&C I am sure I would have framed in the Silvers. I weighed a total of 26lb 3oz for fifth in the section of fifteen and first in the section of five by double default for a pick up of £40.

Specimen lake fished hard with the likes Paul Garrett weighing 14oz on peg 25 and Bryan Slipper weighing 4oz on peg 36!!

The match was won by Brett Holly (pictured top right - it wasn't that cold) with 80lb 06 oz from peg 31. Brett landed 10 fish averaging 10lb. Runner up was Julian Heaven with 67lb 10 oz from peg 31. Julian lost at least 70lb of foul hooked Carp - how frustrating.
The Silvers was won by Mark Taylor from peg 16 with 10-15oz!!!

Charlie's Angels finished 8th overall (with Charlie getting his usual 1 point). This now puts us in joint 7th overall. I am sure once Charles gets a few points we will start moving up the table!

Westerleigh are currently topping the league table.

Full Result:

Carp:

1. Brett Holly 80-06-0 peg 33
2. Julian Heaven 67-10-0 peg 31
3. Nicky Collier 51-07-0 peg 78
4. Steve Seagar 50-12-0 peg 58

Silvers:

1. Mark Taylor 10-15-0 peg 16
2. Vince Brown 10-04-0 peg 70
3. Vince Shipp 9-06-0 peg 42
4. Dean Malin 8-10-0 peg 21

No comments: