Thursday 11 September 2008

Thursday 11/09/2008 Carps AC - Summer Evening Series - Shangri La - Round Eight

We nearly got through to 19:30 with out it raining, however, it was reasonable warm for those with the wind off their backs. One of the advantages of moving peg by peg is that you can watch how your next peg is being fished, so one eye on your float the other on the next peg. I was on peg 4 this week and I was a bit disappointed with how I fished. For a start I discovered that the 8mm hard pellet I was feeding, was in fact floating! I fed through the kinder pot which was 12 inches from the top of the top-set and I did not allow for this with my initial feed (which probably floated in to Mark Tanners swim any way). It wasn't until I got some bait in did I start catching. I caught all of my fish on paste either out in front or in the right hand margin. I weighed 28lb 9oz for third in the match and a pick up of £20.

Bob Price (no photograph this week as it was dark and raining) won the match for the second consecutive match from peg 3 with 44lb 13oz. Bob caught most of his fish from the right hand margin, fishing paste over hard pellet/corn.

Mark Tanner weighed 28lb 8oz but had left a 8oz Carp in his net which would have given him second overall instead of fourth! The lesson cost him £25 - Lesson learnt.

Phil Coulam still leads the series with 52 points, me on 50 and Bob Feltham on 44 (all with worse result dropped).

Full Result:

1. Bob Price 44-13-0 peg 3
2. Bill Ferris 28-12-0 peg 1
3. Mike Nicholls 28-09-0 peg 4
4. Mark Tanner 28-08-0 peg 5
5. Colin Golding 22-12-0 peg 6
6. Phil Coulam 8-12-0 peg 8
7. Tom Coulston 7-08-0 peg 2
8. Bob Feltham 2-14-0 peg 9

No comments: