Sunday 7 September 2008

Sunday 07/09/2008 Carps AC Open - Sedges Tile & Brick


The match was moved to Tile lake, however, with twenty three fishing it meant that pegs 10, 9 & 8 on Brick were needed (John Bennett's philosophy that no one it turned away)! What I would have given for end peg 8 and it's copious amounts of Skimmers!! Or peg 9! I drew peg 27 on Tile which I was pleased with, especially as I had the wind off my left shoulder coming strong in from the SW. After tackling up I had time to collect some blackberries for wife Brenda, to go with our apples, blackberries are definitely in short supply this year- could it be the weather? I fed the right margin with 250 ml of micro pellet to fish paste over for the Tench. I fed some ground bait and corn at 6 metres for Skimmers. I started after the Ronnies at 3 metres with singles caster on a 16 Tubertini 808. I new immediately is was going to be Roach day for me. I caught Ronald's to 12oz for the first hour, after, which I rested the line and on to the Skimmers. I had six Skimmers to 1lb then it slowed. Fed the line again and tried the margin with paste, pestered by small fish, so back on the Ronnies. Basically this went on for the rest of the match. I managed nothing from the margin and avoided all Carp - yippee! I weighed 33lb 10oz of Ronnies Plus a few Skimmers for first in the Silvers and 7th in the match and a pick up of £50.

As I anticipated the three pegs on Brick all picked up money! The match was won by Dick Bull (pictured top right with some of his catch) with 102lb 14oz of mainly Carp to 13lb from peg 8! Dick caught on the pellet waggler out to the rope. Dick said "he was pestered by big Skimmers on the pole line"!! Runner up was Rich Coles on peg 10 with 66lb 12oz of Carp. Rich caught in the end margin with corn over corn.

Watch out for John Dursley (Enterprise Angling) his inside leg measurement is apparently only 12 inches. John Paige confirmed this, with his Maver N57 number six section being broken by John trying to step over it - never mind it's rrp is only circa £250! Good job they both picked up today!!

Full Result:

1. Dick Bull 102-14-0 peg 8
2. Rich Coles 66-12-0 peg 10
3. John Dursley 44-09-0 peg 28
4. Paul Lock 42-08-0 peg 34
5. John Paige 37-02-0 peg 29
6. Simon Rayall 35-0-0 peg 25

Top Silvers:

1. Mike Nicholls 33-10-0 peg 27
2. John Bradford 29-02-0 peg 7 (fished it wrong John)
3. Colin Golding 23-10-0 peg 36

No comments: