Wednesday 26 March 2008

Wednesday 26/03/2008 Carps AC - Bullocks Farm - North Pool

Asked to peg this thirteen peg match at the last moment, so enlisted the help of Chris Fox who subsequently phoned Paul Fairers who was delivering the post! We were just deciding on the last three pegs and along comes Rodney Wotten and informs us the the pegging could be better. So I re-pegged! Just finished when Andy Gard runs up announcing that Colin Golding had not booked him in. After discussions with Rod put in peg 4A which was permanent peg 7.

I drew peg 9 on the day, permanent peg 16, which had come second in the previous match with 20lb of Carp from the end margins.

As usual I targeted the silver fish, which are primarily Crucians. I set up two rigs one for the margin and the other out in front.

I don't know why I used two rigs as the depth was the same at 2 foot 3 inches! Started on 4mm GOT bait expander pellet out in front in open water, which accounted for four Crucians to 1lb 12oz. The peg soon died. I then switched to the end margin with corn over pellet and lost one foul hooker. Switched to double maggot out in front and landed another 3 Crucians. Back to the margin with red maggot and caught about 1lb 8oz of Rudd and Roach, plus one 2lb 2oz Carp.
I weighed a total of 11lb 9oz which included 9lb 7oz of Silvers for second in the silvers and a pick up of £25.

Rod Wotten (pictured above) won the match with a credible 35lb 8oz of Carp from permanent peg 8.
Mike Owens qualified for the Wednesday Silvermania with 10lb 5oz of Crucians and one good Tench.

Full Result:

1. Rod Wotton 35-08-0 Peg 8
2. Pete Sivell 29-04-0 Peg 19
3. Tom Thick 24-10-0 Peg 22
4. Mike Owens 19-08-0 Peg 24
5. Andy Gard 15-14-0 Peg 14
6. Mike Nicholls 11-9-0 Peg 16
Top Silvers: Mike Owens 10-15-0 (Wednesday Silversmania qualifier).

As usual my good friend Charlie Barnes (pictured right) was in attendance and had some quality Roach on caster.

As is was Easter I though it appropriate to add his photo to my Blogg (it's only the glasses that gives him away)

No comments: