Thursday 10 November 2016

Thursday 10/11/2016 - Rays Rip Off - Windmill Fishery - Match Lake

First stop Hungry Horace’s then on to the fishery in plenty of time to find the gates locked and Terry looking worried. Apparently a group of 40 Animal Rights activist had arrived at his neighbours slaughter house (Toot if you think Pigs should not be killed) and was worried they might perpetrate the fishery. Terry rang the Police who did arrive at the fishery for a while. However, no problems for us, I did have a bit of indigestion from the sausage and bacon from my breakfast!

Terry informed us that he is retiring after Christmas, so a job up for grabs. Proper anglers need only to apply!!

I lost my lucky style pincers in peg 24 the other week and got wet trying to recover them. So went this week fully armed to retrieve them with my new “not on box” magnet – pictured right. It didn’t take long to get the tell-tell click to fish them out. I didn’t realise that this would be the highlight of my day. Full salvage rights reserved.

Ten souls fishing today in to the draw box and out comes peg 20 – Nooooo. “Some say that in the winter you should spread the pegs out using the whole Lake and some say you should peg where the fish are. All I know is that peg 20 had plenty of room. The nearest Angler was matey Arkwright on peg 18.

I won’t say I how I fished because nothing I tried caught fish, except one 2oz Skimmer and one micro Ronnie on the drop with double Pinkie. All the fish appeared to be up in the water that is if you had any in your peg. The upshot I spent more time walking around than fishing and threw in the towel after three hours. The first DNW for five years but beat Arkwright to the car park – just.

Dave Willmott (pictured right) won the match with peg 26 with 73ln 2oz from peg 25. Dave made good use of having five empty pegs to his left and one to his right. Dave caught short using dead reds over the same feed. His catch included a near 3lb Perch.

Full Result:

1. Dave Willmott 73-02-0 peg 26
2. Steve Jefferies. 29-07-0 peg 8
3. Paul Haines. 19-12-0 peg 10
4. Dave Wild. 12-04-0 peg 24


Top Silvers:


1. Steve Jefferies. 5-10-0 p8

2. John Barker 0-13-0 p22

No comments: