Tuesday 3 January 2023

Year End Report 2022

A much reduced fishing calendar this year due to a double hernias, missing 3 months of fishing during the summer months, including the Viaductors holiday which was just before my operation by which time found it difficult standing for long let alone go fishing. This lead to only fishing 57 matches, I aim for 100 per year. I knew when I returned it would mean fishing short and for silvers as lifting a carp would be too painful and risky. I choose Todber Manor short pole to start back and did manage 26 lb for a silvers win by feeding the margin with everything in the bait bag managed to keep the pesky carp occupied only catching 2 small accidentals! I must say a big thanks to Glenn Bailey who has been a great help during my come back. Great to travel with, a proper family man who loves his paste fishing. I also took the decision to stay local as far as possible as sat for long journeys was uncomfortable, fishing only 7 different venues. Fingers crossed now over the worse and planning more fishing in the summer and keeping it local in the winter. Have booked into a Whiteacres festival in 2023 will be interesting.

As usual spent more time fishing with the Over 55's both at Hunstrete and Windmill which were ably run by Dave Gillard and Ray Bazeley with the usual suspects pictured. Don't underestimate this lot, lots of experience on show - very competitive.

My favourite all time picture. Viaduct - Campbell Peg 112 during an horrendous storm. I still haven't found out who it is, but fair play to him. If anyone knows let me know. I was busy collecting some of my tackle from Carey. 

Just a few pics from 2022:

The black death was still with us, are they on the decline?






Chris Ollis has come into his own during the latter part of this year with his small pieces of worm heads. Chris playing a Withy carp.





One of the usual suspects and key attractions along with his matey John Smith - One sip of cider and it's a laugh a minute.






My highest weight of silvers this year - just - and surprisingly from peg 50 on Withy Pool. Very enjoyable albeit uncomfortable. Most memorable silvers was at plantation peg 35 catching quality Perch to 2 lb + had 7 for 15 lb.




Close contest with Junior aka Gary Bowden at Windmill and Pete Greenslade. Junior taking it apart at the over 55's at Acorn in 2022. 


Leyton Palmer with me and professional photo bomber Nick. "Any Peg" Palmer had a great run during the summer at Windmill
First match of the 2022/2023 Westerleigh Winter league with Glenn and me winning both our lakes so a good start for both. First time photo of Bill Ferris smiling and well done to fishery owner Mark Taylor for keeping his fishery pristine. Only going to get better. My heaviest weight came from his fishery this year - mainly carp to 2 lb - great fishing.

Finally: a picture of a gate post with some black on it - any clues?
May be unrecognisable in this picture but in my opinion one of the best up and coming anglers in the South West. Should have a decent sponsorship by now. A clue - he won the Bitterwell Xmas Match 2022.
Year 2022 facts and Figures



No comments: