Tuesday 14 December 2021

Tuesday 14/12/2021 - Acorn Cost Cutter - Paddocks

Hadn't planned to fish Acorn today until matey Glenn Bailey called offering to give me a lift. However, my back was just about getting better from doing stupid things with 13 metres of pole a week ago. However, fishing short and catching next to nothing was better than another day in Netflix land. So it was a yes from me.

Pitch black when Glenn arrived at 07:00. It was one of those days that stayed like midnight  with horrid drizzle on and off. So far away from our summer days here. It was mild though and almost windless.

My back recommended I go for a short walk draw. The problem with this the odds increase in drawing a bridge peg. Well there we go peg 21 it was to be. Hate bridge pegs, but did have good company on peg 22 with Ant P.

I fed some GB laced with Pinkies on the Ronnie rig line and have two small Ronnie's, two lost small Skimmers and one in the net on double Pinkie before the line completely died except for touches from micro Ronnie's. So out at top set plus three barrels out in front with maggot over kinder micro and LR's, 30 minutes passed very quite slowly - not a sign of fish.

I have been meaning to give the waggler try down here and had set it up. So this was the next and last option. So double tiny LR's on the hook over loose fed the same and started to pick off the occasional Ronnie and Skimmers. Never going threaten the frame but at least I was kept occupied trying not to cast on the the island! I missed loads of indications from small fish which also helped the time to elapse. I did have two small carp and pulled out of one about 5 lb and one foul hooker of about the same size.

My silvers weighed 8 lb 3 oz and my two carp 1 lb 15 oz.

The match was won by Des Shipp (pictured with the silvers winner on his lap) with 74 lb 8 oz from peg 6. Des caught tight to the bridge to the white mark to his left with dead maggot over the same.

The silvers was won by Paul Faiers with an excellent catch of 31 lb 4 oz from peg 5. Paul caught at top set plus two barrels using Pinkie over loose fed Pinkie. Well done matey a great weight on the day.

Result:

1. Des Shipp 74-08-0 peg 6

2. Leon Hubbard 55-04-0 peg 34

3. Dave Wride 53-11-0 peg 25

Silvers:

1. Paul Faiers 31-04-0 peg 5

2. Kev Perry 17-0-0 peg 37

Weigh Sheets:









No comments: