Thursday 5 December 2019

Thursday 05/12/2019 - Bathampton AA - Over 55's and Short Walks - Bridge Pool

The weather forecast looked good so was vastly disappointed to find a very hard frost. Arrived at the fishery 30 minutes early and had a half walk around the Lake which was enough to tell me is was going to be very hard - didn't see a fish top anywhere.

The GAS played last night in the league cup and scraped through on penalties the two Gas Heads pictured right celebrating.

I'm fed up drawing pegs 29, 30 and 31. At least 30 wasn't in the draw bag and decided to go into the draw bag early in an attempt to fish a different peg! I couldn't believe it to find myself holding peg 29 AGAIN. It's beyond funny now. Looking on the bright side the sun was suppose to come out and would not hinder visibility - that didn't happen! Again the wind was in my face which again was wrong as it was supposed to turn 180 degrees and didn't. The leafs just kept rocking and rolling.

For company  had the mumbler Paul Haines on 28 and Paul Barnfield down on the winter Ronnie peg 31 - expect some moaning - didn't even get that today.

Set up a very small GB feeder and a 4x16 Winter to fish top-set plus three which wasn't really far enough but the light on the water is horrendous and was to cause me a right headache.

After feeding the pole line I started on the GB feeder with maggot hook bait and Pinkie in the GB towards the island but well off as the water was really clear. I was amazed that I had a liner straight away and over the next 20 minutes I put 7 lb of Silvers in the next including a 1 1/2 Perch. Well for the rest of the match I struggled for another 2 1/2 lb. I did hook a decent Carp on the pole but wasn't on long so suspect it was foul hooked.


My Silvers weigh in at 9 lb 3 oz for second in the Silvers, so happy with that from this peg. The issue is that I have the same chances of drawing it again next match!!

The match was won by Mumbles Brewery boss Pete Turner (pictured right on his knees with the Silvers winner on tippy toes) with 14 lb 8 oz from peg 10. Pete caught three quick Carp on the method with maggot hook bait. Then struggled for 2 lb of Silvers. Well done matey.

The Silvers was won by Jeff Grant with 10 lb 8 oz from peg 15. Jeff caught on the long pole fishing maggot and GB catching some big Skimmers.

Result:

1. Pete Turner 14-08-0 peg 10
2. Tony Rixon 14-06-0 peg 19
3. Paul Haines 11-0-0 peg 28

Silvers:

1. Jeff Grant 10-08-0 peg 15
2. Mike Nicholls 9-03-0 peg 29
3. Dave Poole 8-09-0 peg 10

Weigh Sheets:

















No comments: