Thursday 26 May 2016

Wednesday 25/05/2016 - Windmill Fishery - Evening open - Match Lake

With the Special One out with her “Girls” I had to fend for myself for food, so I planned to go to The Folly, so why not fish the Windmill evening match. So after a Chicken, Gammon and Mustard Pie, chips and peas it was early to fishery to either have a nap or a walk round the fishery. I chose the latter. Plenty of action with regards to the forth coming Scouts weekend at the venue where they expect 4,500 Scouts. Dave Haines will be there organising the fishing activities – God help them!!

Eleven booked in which was a good turnout considering the weather conditions. In to the draw box and out comes peg 28.I was happy with this because it was the shortest walk plus a good margin peg, which I was hoping for as I planned to fish paste front to back. With the draw at 17:10 we only had twenty minutes to get to the peg and set up. So the one 0.3 Gram paste rig erected.

The bitter wind was blowing into my bank albeit slightly off my right shoulder, from the NE wind I think. So I elected to fish the Left hand margin. A few Sedges to the left was subsequently treated to a hair cut.

Started on the paste and within ten minutes I was playing the first fish of the match an 8lb Mirror. A good match was on the cards – NOT. That was it except two small 4oz Carp. Both Steve Jefferies and I was bloody freezing cold due to the wind I reckoned it was about six degrees – as Steve said it was like a February day at the end of May!

With half hour to go I decided to pack up as I was freezing cold and had no more clothes to put on. I went and watch John Fuidge on peg 26 who I thought was winning the match and I was right.

I weighed 8lb 8oz for nowhere; at least I could look forward to getting some bites tomorrow at Harescombe Fishery.

As predicted John Fuidge (pictured right landing one of his Carp) won the match with 50lb 10oz from peg 26. John caught on 8mm meat fished over 6 mm potted pellet fished at 14.5 metres just up the far shelf. I Thought John fished a tidy tight match, well done matey.

I won’t be back on an evening match until the weather warms up.

Full Result:

  1. John Fuidge 50-10-0 peg 26
  2. Neil Mercer 42-04-0 peg 2
  3. Dave Willmott 37-04-0 peg 24
Weigh Sheet:


No comments: