Sunday 21 December 2014

Sunday 21/12/2014 - Todber Manor Autumn League - Final Round - Park Lake

With Bela having to finish a roof before Christmas and not sure it would be finished before Sunday he cancelled. As it worked out he did finish and could have fished especially as there were more no-shows.

I had breakfast at home and followed Jane on the sat-nav and first to arrive, a short head from Mark Poppleton.

I was chatting so didn’t hear my section called when I finally got to the draw, there was two tickets left between Tim Clarke and me. I picked up peg 38 – Yippee. This and peg 7 has been the best pegs all series.

For company I had Ash on peg 37 who was lying second in the league (I think). I set up two rigs both 4x12 Jolly’s one for out at 6 metres and the other for the RH margin. I started at 6 metres on the favoured 4mm soft pellet fished over potted micro. It wasn’t long before I was playing my first 4lb Carp. I quickly followed this with another – winning the match then. It all then went quite whilst Ash started to bag at 16 metres fishing 18 inches deep with the bait pictured opposite over no feed. Ash kept them coming whilst I struggled. A switch to maggot produced a five more Carp over the next three hours, It was all a struggle. In the final ¾ of an hour I switched o the margin and had a 8 pounder on pellet a switch to the Dendrabena quickly produce a 10 pounder and that was it.

I weighed 44lb for 7th overall and a section third which was a tad disappointing from this peg. But interesting enough peg 7 didn’t really fish either. I got the feeling the fish really does move around this venue in winter.

The match was won by Alan Oram (pictured right) who took advantage of his end peg landing a better stamp of fish than Ashley for 111lb 9oz. Alan Fished at 10 metres using maggot over maggot./caster feed.

Ashley (pictured right) fished impressive match to win our section and thus winning the league – well done matey.

Full Result:

  1. Alan Oram 111-09-0 peg 5
  2. Ashley  Tomkins 99-0-0 peg 37
  3. Mark W 61-06-0 peg 35
  4. Gary O’Shea 50-10-0 peg 13
  5. Dan White 47-14-0 peg 22
  6. Roland Lucas 47-0-0 peg 14
  7. Mike Nicholls 44-0-0 peg 38

No comments: