Thursday 24 October 2013

Thursday 24/10/2013 - Bathampton AA Over 55's and Disabled - Withy Pool

After yesterdays match I woke feeling a bit jaded and stiff, but soon loosened up after exercising.
 
In to the draw bag and out comes disabled peg 69, about right for me today. Although I have won from the peg before its not one of my favourites as it tends to be Carp or nothing. With this in mind I set up two rigs a 4x16 Jolly (the same one as yesterday) to be fished at 11 o clock with an assortment of hook baits and a paste rig to fish at 1 o clock. Both lines to be fished at 10 metres.
 
Whilst setting up I noticed Bob “Medium Sliced” Price playing a tree (pictured right). Judging by the angle he was pulling I thought he might end up with a painful nether regions! You don’t often land the squirrels in this swim.
 
I fed a couple of balls of GB on the left line followed up with a big pot of CW&C on the right line. I started on the worm lone and had a 1lb Skimmer followed by endless pulls from tiny Perch. I tried feeding them off but managed instead to kill the swim. So over to the GB line with single maggot which resulted in a bite (or rather an indication) every put in which was from tiny Skimmers that were almost too small to pull the float under. Time for a Banana walk as my legs had seized up. It was soon apparent that the lake was fishing really badly, so it wasn’t just me. On my return and having tried every conceivable bait over both lines I decided to fish the paste over the GB line kindering a few micros with it. During the second half of the match I caught one Bream and two Carp – three bites.
 
My Silvers weighed 4lb 9oz and my two Carp 18lb 9oz foe a total of 23lb 3oz for joint fifth overall.
 
The match was one by Martin Alexander (pictured right with the Silvers winner) with 52lb 1oz from peg 35. Most of his fish were moaned on from his LH margin using maggot over maggot feed.
 
The Silvers was won by Andy Smith (pictured right with his catch of Skimmers) with 13lb from peg 68. Andy caught on the waggler fished a 20 metres using maggot hook bait fished over Marukuy 701 GB loose fed all over the place by hand.
 
Full Result:
 
  1. Martin Alexander 52-01-0 peg 35
  2. Ray Bazeley 29-04-0 peg 56
  3. Alan Jones 26-12-0 peg 49
  4. Rich Coles 26-02-0 peg 43
  5. Mike Nicholls 23-03-0 peg 69
  6. Andy Shields 23-03-0 peg 66
 
Top Silvers:
 
  1. Andy Smith 13-0-0 peg 68
  2. Mike Jones 10-14-0 peg 73
  3. Bill Ferris 10-09-0 peg 62
 Weigh Sheets:
 
 

1 comment:

Mike Jones said...

You should be pleased to wake up stiff in the morning at your age!