Sunday 2 December 2012

Sunday 02/12/2012 - Viaduct Silver League - Final Round Six - Campbell, Carey and Lodge lakes

After a drink with Bela the night before, whilst watching Man U beat Reading 3-4 we were both a bit jaded. We arrived at the fishery for breakfast only to find Stuart (Woody’s) was running late. However we still got our breakie in plenty of time to push in the front on the draw queue.
 
Discussing the draw in the shop yesterday Tony Rixon and I agreed it would be good to draw on Lodge again. Tony fancied peg 60 or 62 and as per form he pulled peg 62!! In to the draw box hoping to be next to him again and out pops my bogie peg 130 on Campbell; obviously I didn’t dig deep enough into the coffee tin.
 
Walking to the peg I was trying to talk the peg up. For company I had Nick Collins on corner peg 132 and Don Sutherland on Spit peg 129.
 
I decided on setting up a margin rig for Perch even though the margins are very shallow this end of the Lake. I then untangled the waggler rod even though I thought I would end up catch Carp on it as there were plenty of signs of them. Next was a 4x12 Sensas Stainey (I am beginning to love fishing these floats as I now understand their shotting better) to be fished at 11.5 metres for all that swims. Finally I set up the 4 metre whip.
 
I fed the margin with a few caster and big live maggot but didn’t get to fish it. I catapulted a few casters out to 25 metres, once again I didn’t get use the waggler. I then fed a ball of dryish GB with some Pinkies at 11.5 metres and fed a few Pinkies on the 4 metre whip line. Starting on the 11.5 metres with double Pinkie I had a small Ronnie. I was getting one a bung but because if their size and the distance I was fishing it was going to be hard to build a weight of them. So for the next 5 hours I fished the whip with single Pinkie feeding a ball of GB with Pinkies every 45 minutes. During this spell I did convert the 11.5 metre line for big fish by feeding to caster and big maggot. It wasn’t until the last twenty minutes that I went over it catching two more small Ronnie’s, one 4 oz Skimmer, bumping one decent Skimmer and losing another – bugger.
 
I weighed about 150 small fish for a total of 9lb 1oz for a section win and 8th overall. This give me 16 points overall but as I could drop a 4 pointer leaving me with 12 but not enough to frame overall but joint twelfth.
 
The match was won by Tim Pallant with 21lb 5oz from peg 59 on Lodge. Tim caught on Pinkie over GB at 14 metres towards the rope. This result helped Tim (pictured right) to win the overall league. I think this was well deserved as Tim didn’t had all good draws, for example Tim drew the dreaded peg 74 on Carey managing to squeeze get a section win from it – well done matey.
 
Full Result:
 
1.      Tim Pallant 21-05-0 peg 59
2.      Des Shipp 17-03-0 peg 96
3.      Nick Ewers 16-09-0 peg 94
4.      Jon Gray 15-14-0 peg 124
5.      An-Ton Page 12-07-0 peg 116
6.      Tony Rixon 11-14-0 peg 62
7.      Paul Elmes 9-14-0 peg 124
8.      Mike Nicholls 9-01-0 peg 130
 
Final League Positions:
 
1.      Tim Pallant 7pts 142-06-0
2.      Steve Kedge 7pts 131-12-0
3.      Steve Mayo 7pts 127-15-0
4.      Tony Rixon 8pts 143-01-0
5.      Anton Page 8pts 117-15-0
6.      Bob Gullick 8pts 117-14-0
 
…..Mike Nicholls 12pts 108-07-0
 
Highest Silver weight in League:
 
Phil Cardwell 56-07-0

No comments: