Sunday 21 June 2009

Sunday 21/06/2009 - Tony Rixon Float Only Individual League - Round Three - Landsend Fishery

Round three sees us at Landsend Fishery. The news is that the Lakes are fishing well, except for the Specimen Lake. Because of the number of anglers fishimg (56) Specimen Lake will have all but 2 pegs taken, whilst the other lkaes will have plenty of room. So don’t draw Specimen Lake, particularly the pegs furthest from the car park.

So what do I do draw peg 30 on Specimen!! Not a good draw I was told. However, always the optimist. I started at 11.5 metres with soft 6mm pellet, fished over some micro and 4mm hard pellet. I had a few missed bites and soon realised it was 2 oz Ronnie’s having a peck. So out on the paste and soon the Ronaldo’s was playing football with it. At this point I realised that it was going to be a struggle. So out on the Ronnie caster rig and all I could catch was 1 – 2oz Ronnie’s. This wasn’t going to win anything. So I set up for 16 metres to the far bank with paste. After two foul hookers I landed a three pounder. That was it, on came the Ronaldo’s. Now desperate and with an hour to go I decide to finish on the Ronnie’s. I weighed 7lb 8oz of Ronnie’s and 3lb 2oz Carp for a total of 11lb 10 oz and last but one in the section. I had Clint Wojtyla in the knockout and fully expected to be out. Imagine my belief (relief) when I was told Vince had weighed 7lb 8oz. At least someone had a worse day than me! So the day wasn’t a complete waste.


My section was won by Anton Page (pictured right with his “near” twenty pound Mirror Carp! Can’t help noticing Anton’s weight loss, pink sun glasses and frilly hot pants– what’s going on, has any one checked for a fake sun tan) from corner peg 32 with 57lb. This also put him in 6th place overall but first out of the money.

The match was won by Tony Rixon (pictured bottom right supervising Steve Evans working the results) from peg 42 on John Walters Lake with 131lb 2oz. Tony caught on both hard 8mm pellet and paste – it seems only yesterday that Tony was turning his nose up at paste as not a "proper" bait!!


The Silvers was won by John “The Gimp” Bradford from Specimen Lake peg 34. John also struggled most of the day at 16 metres for 33lb 2oz of Chub on caster.

Full Result:

1. Tony Rixon 131-02-0 peg 42
2. Leon Hubbard 119-06-0 peg 19
3. Josh Garrett 68-05-0 peg 5
4. Rob Wotton 66-05-0 peg 3
5. Chris Davis 61-03-0 peg 6
6. Anton Page 57-0-0 peg 32

Top Silvers:

1. John Bradford 33-02-0 peg 34
2. Nicky Collier 26-08-0 peg 36
3. Ryan Jordan 25-12-0 peg 8

Overall Individuals (weight order):

1. Tony Rixon 21 points
2. Martin Rayett 19
3. Leon Hubbard 18
4. Alan Oram 18
5. Josh Garrett 18

No comments: