Thursday 27 November 2008

Thursdays 27/11/08 Bathampton AA Over 55's and Disabled - Bridge Pool

I decided not to fish today, as I had too much preparation to do for my long weekend at Stafford Moor Fishery, which begins tomorrow, with a 5 am start! I am fishing an open on Friday and a double header - Veals Teams of Four Saturday and Sunday. So no blog until Monday, when I will update on how I/we fared.

However, I did run the start of the match today and spent a bit of time walking round. I decided to have a experiment with a small video (as you will see, Film Producer Mike Nichols need not worry). The experiment was focussed on getting it on to the web, Now I can concentrate on the quality of the video! So you budding film stars watch out the Silverfox is about!!



The video is of "The Real" Pete Phillips landing a six pound Common Carp first put in on peg 26. Pete caught it on Red Luncheon meat!
I also caught Bob Dark (pictured right) landing a double figure Mirror from peg 24. Bob caught this fish on a piece of worm.

Bob Warren kindly phoned in the result which follows:

Colin Golding won the match from peg 17 with 46lb 5oz. Colin used his usual method of 6mm expander over 6mm expander fished at five metres. Colin's catch comprised of three carp for 26lb 12oz and 19lb 9oz of Silvers (mainly Skimmers to 1lb), which also gave him first in the Silvers.

I must admit, it was nice, to hear that Kevin Collins was runner up with 30lb from peg 23. Kevin caught his fish on single red maggot at seven metres (Kev, don't tell anyone about the shotting pattern and feeding) - A good result, expecially with improvements still to come, on hook lengths, elastics and pole. Keep it up matey

During my last match on Bridge Pool, fishing peg 24, I was 99% certain that a huge Pike had chased a 4oz Roach that I had hooked, resulting in an inactive Silvers peg for some while. Interestingly, today, BobFeltham, hooked a huge Pike, which he did finally lose. Bathampton AA committee put a bounty on it's head and get it back in to the Main Lake!!

Full Result:
1. Colin (Mr. Pastry) Golding 46-05-0 peg 17
2. Kevin Collins 30 0-0 peg 23
3. Bob (The Bread) Price 26-0-0 peg 16
4. Tom Coulston 24-04-0 peg 4
5. John Wild 23-03-0 peg 3
6. Dave Bacon 18-14-0 peg 9
Top Silvers:
1. Colin Golding 19-09-0 peg 17
2. Ian Sheppard 11-08-0 peg 29
3. Bob (MD) Feltham 10-0-0 peg 15

No comments: