Sunday 16 November 2008

Sunday 16/11/2008 Carps AC - Landsend Fishery

Colin Golding fished today. I thought he looked unwell, however, he was well enough to buy Mike Ducketts Boss box for £100, knocking Mike down from a £150! - a bargain.

The weather had turned mild, with temperatures well in to double figures, The air was damp with mizzle. Bela Bakos asked where I would like to draw -"I didn't mind as long as it wasn't a corner peg". What do I draw corner peg 1 on Match Lake! However, it does have some Silvers previous. The Saturday match was won from this peg with 35lb - all Carp catch by Rod Wotton (the venue Carp expert) - fishing long with pellet. When I got to my peg I was amazed how clear the water was. I could se at least 24 inches down. Due to the water clarity, and that peg 2 was not in, I decided to fish at 9 metres in to open water at 2 o clock towards peg 2 (I like peg 2). This proved to be very uncomfortable and come the end of the match my legs and back had stiffened up. I kicked started the peg by feeding Sensas Black Lake. I slipped on a single red maggot and had a 1oz Ronnie first put in. Out again and had a 1lb 8oz Skimmer. I fed again and had a 2lb Tench!! Um, must be going to fish well! I then had two Crucians of about 1lb 8oz. After feeding again I tried 4mm GOT expander, which resulted in a couple more Crucians and a decent Skimmer. Back on the maggot and a few more Crucians before the Carp arrived. In the last half hour I landed two Carp. I weighed 17lb 3oz of Silvers and 8lb 12oz of Carp for a total weight of 25lb 15oz. This put be first in the Silvers and 4th overall and a pick up of £40. The two Carp were landed using the pull-a-bung. Both Carp went under and through to the other side of my platform. I was able to let the elastic free and pass my top set under my keepnets arms. So pull-a-bungs do have their uses!

The match was won by Nick Duckett (pictured top right) with 92lb 11oz from Specimen Lake peg 35. Nick weighed two Carp for 36lb.

Mike Owen was runner up in the Silvers with 11lb 6oz from peg 25 and qualifies for the Sunday Carps AC Silversmania.

Full Result:

1. Nick Duckett 92-11-0 peg 35
2. Rod Wotton 48-12-0 peg 5
3. John Bennett 29-15-0 peg 27
4. Mike Nicholls 25-15-0 peg 1
5. Gordon Cannings 19-08-0 peg 17
6. Charlie Barnes 18-08-0 peg 15

Top Silvers:

1. Mike Nicholls 17-03-0 peg 1
2. Mike Owen 11-06-0 peg 25

No comments: