Thursday 10 April 2008

Thursdays 10/04/08 Bathampton AA Over 55's and Disabled - Bridge Pool

We were promised sunshine and showers - where was the sun? A good turn out once again. I drew peg 8 which is one of the disabled pegs on the road side. For the second time I drew next to Harry Muir, I love the banter and humour of the Irish, great bloke to draw next to. I had not fished this peg before, but the peg was in open water opposite the end of an island, open water is always good for Silvers - my quarry. I plumbed-up and found the bottom of the near shelf at 7 metres, which was seven foot deep. This was to be my Skimmer line. I also set up a caster margin rig for the Ronnie Roach. Although I had paste I decided to try and avoid the Carp today. I started by feeding one 250ml cup of micro pellet into my Ronnie line. I then put four tangerine balls of my new Skimmer mix of ground bait in to the 7 metre line. I started on the Ronnies by loose feeding caster over the micro pellet, which resulted in one Ronnie. I quickly switched to the Skimmer line. This was productive on the the GOT 4mm expander with Skimmers to 1lb. However, it wasn't long before the Carp move over the feed and pushed out the Skimmers. After about ten minutes the Skimmers were back for another twenty minutes. This ebb and flow went on for about two hours, at which time I fed three more balls of ground bait. Then switched to the Ronnie line which resulted in four Tinca tinca for about ten pounds. The Ronnies weren't really feeding, so switched back to the Skimmer line which resulted in ten or so more Skimmers.

I weighed 26lb 8oz which won the Silvers by 16lb 8oz and a pick up of £25.
Pete Bryer (pictured top right with 15lb Mirror Carp) won the match from peg 26 with 99lb 3oz - with just thirteen Carp! Pete fished at 4 metres to his left using his favourite bait - Cat Meat.

Full Result:

1. Pete "The Meat" Bryer 99-03-0 Peg 26
2. Pete "The Real" Phillips 70-13-0 Peg 28
3. Keith Firks 69-05-0 Peg 18
4. Bill Ferris 54-0-0 Peg 24
5. Bob "The Bread" Price 47-07-0 Peg 19
6. Terry Bruton 46-04-0 Peg 15

Top Silvers:

1. Mike Nicholls 26-08-0 peg 8
2. Ian Sheppard 10-0-0

No comments: