Wednesday 19 June 2013

Tuesday 18/06/2013 - Acorn Cost Cutter - Paddocks

Monday was our day off from match fishing so the lads went on to Carey Lake thrashing about with wagglers and straight lead. They did more or less have eight creatures each with a typical one pictured left holding Glenn Bailey!
 
As for me I don’t do pleasure fishing so I cleaned the tackle and prepared for the next match. I then had a leisurely walk around the fishery visiting the Viaduct shop where I met Glyn Reynolds the Frenzee sales representative (pictured right with their new dual Pole sock, also known as the “Madonna with the big Boobies”)! I must say it looks like Frenzee have some interesting new products I was impressed with their toss pots and rod range – worth a look.
 
The boys came back to tie some rigs with Martyn and Glynn pictured right – look away now those that think tackle box tidiness is a sign of a sick mind!
 
So today it was off to the Acorn Fishery for their Tuesday Cost Cutter on Paddocks. In to the Ping Pong Bag and out comes ball three and six - 36. A peg I have yet to fish so happy with it – you can’t be anything else until then. Arriving at the peg it was cheering to see that the wind had been blowing in to it – with some surface scum evident. Colin Dyer added to me glee by saying that there were some of the bigger venue fish in the swim. There were a few Carp showing down to the aerator pallet.
 
Just the two rigs – a LH margin paste and a Ronnie rig. I decided as usual to start with this rig with caster hoping for a few quick Silvers – Ronnie’s and Skimmers. But after 20 minutes not a bite – Umm. Packed that away and went with the paste rig feeding hard 4’s. I was soon in to my first fish a 3lb 4oz Tench! That was the sum total of Silvers – well Greens. The upshot was I caught as predicted by Colin the better size fish steady throughout the match by lightly feeding hard 4’s, feeding about ¼ pint throughout the match. I had 12 fish in one net and about 19 smaller ones in another with 5 minutes to go I caught another and thought that I should start a new net but because of the time decided against it. I ended up going 1lb 14 oz over on this net.  I Weighed 135lb 2oz which had the forfeit deducted. This was good enough for first on the day beating the boy AGAIN – pictured right with his runners up catch. Like Mark on Sunday Glynn also broke his Maver pole section 6 which went out in a whimper in comparison to Marks Sensas.
 
The Silvers was won by Dave Wride (pictured lower right with the match winner who stole his Acorn crown today – AGAIN) with 16lb 4oz from peg 27. Dave caught his Silvers on Meat and later maggot over maggot.
 
Full Result:
 
1.      Mike Nicholls 135-02-0 peg 36
2.      Glenn Bailey 123-12-0 peg 6
3.      Dave Wride 87-08-0 peg 27
4.      Martin Fisher 75-12-0 peg 8
5.      Kevin Jefferies 65-10-0 peg 21
6.      Gabriel Skarba 58-07-0 peg 18
 
Top Silvers:
 
1.      Dave Wride 16-04-0 peg 27
2.      Kevin Jefferies 13-10-0 peg 21
 
Weigh Sheets follow:
 
 

1 comment:

The Last Gasp Gardener said...

keep it up good read from midsectionblues