Wednesday 27 April 2011

Wednesday 27/04/2011 - Carps AC - Chilton Trinity - Woodlands

With the good weather staying with us I was really looking forward to going back to Trinity – Woodlands. This I was time travelling with Mark Tanner.

With only pegs 1 to 22 reserved we had to cram in a bit more than Sunday’s match but all 15 anglers had a reasonable peg. However, the match the previous day fish very bad with the Carp really getting in to unprotected sex.

In to the draw box and out comes peg 11. The peg Bela had Sunday. I was happy with this as it is a middle Lake peg. I wasn’t going to make the same mistake as Sunday trying for the Ronnie’s and Skimmers on the traditional baits that didn’t produce Sunday – fair enough you think. So I intended to start where I finished last match – on paste in the margin. I was soon in to a 1 ½lb Skimmer – happy days! Next I had a 6lb Carp followed quickly by another. Then I hit the wall. I couldn’t get another meaningful bite from either margin. It was clear that the Lake wasn’t fishing no near as good as Sunday. I had buggered about with the paste for far too long, so with two hours to go I decided to try and catch some Ronnie’s and Rudd with the remaining half pint of casters I had in the bait bag, so I set up a 4metre whip and a short Ronnie rig. Garry Cross on next peg 10 was blanking and came round for some maggots to save a blank; Gary obviously thought he was fishing a team match!! Starting on the whip ended in disaster as I hooked three Carp 2 foot deep the third finally trashing the rig. However, the short rig really came up trumps with a small fish a bung. The upshot was that this match was a complete reversal of Sundays ending up with 14lb 5oz of Ronnie’s without being too bothered by the Motherless the two Carp went 12lb 6oz for a total of 27lb 7oz. This put me 1st in the Silvers and 6th overall.

This goes to show once again that you can not second guess fish.

The match was won by John Page (pictured upper right with some of his catch and lower with the Silvers winner) with 62lb 12oz from peg 6. John caught the majority of his fish long in to the end margin.

Full Result:

1. John Page 62-12-0 peg 6
2. Darren Vowles 52-15-0 peg 9
3. Mark Tanner 33-15-0 peg 20
4. John Thompson 32-02-0 peg 8
5. Colin Golding 27-07-0 peg 3
6. Mike Nicholls 27-07-0 peg 11

Top Silvers:


1. Mike Nicholls 14-05-0 peg 1
2. Rod Wotton 10-09-0 peg 16

No comments: