Sunday 23 November 2008

Sunday 23/11/2008 Carps AC - Rood Ashton


When I decided to fish Rood Ashton my mind my saying "your not going to catch in two foot of water in November, especially based on a forecast of extreme weather conditions.". However, my wallet was saying "get a few more Silver points and you will win the aggregate". My heart was pulling me to the Silvers open match at Viaduct (40 pegs).

I thought the match might be a lottery, which, it proved to be. NO ONE HAD A BITE! So I had achieved my objective and defended my postion in the Silvers. However, the match was indeed decided by lottery!

The lottery result follows:

1. Bill Ferris (£50)
2. Gordon Cannings (pictured top right) (£30 well deserved as he fished to the end)
3. Mike (new member) (£25)
4. Bob Price (pictured bottom right) (£15 well deserved as he also fished to the end)

This is the first season I have not fished the K&A canal during the winter months. I am now wondering whether the change to commercials is the right move. Lets, wait until the end of the year, and then reflect.

No comments: