Bit nippy this morning loading the car - it wasn't to last. Twenty minute drive to George's to see plenty of early birds already unloading.
The day before the club had an 8 hour Carp match on George's. Didn't see any results but told it didn't fish that well.
Most wanted peg 1 as certain winner at the moment. It came out first for Tony Welsby. Game over.
Peg 5 for me, with Steve Sewell - "the Big-un" on peg 4 and match organiser Jason on peg 6. Bit disappointed to find on the right a over-hanging Willow - so no margin there and on the left similarly a Bramble bush which went out into the lake about a metre. so limited margin fishing. A bird cage without the canopy.
With now bright sushine and flat calm I didn't fancy the Skimmers would show in numbers. However, set up a paste float to fish top set and three barrels out in the white water in 4 and half foot of water to cover both options, the lake is at least 18 inches down at the moment. It was going to be hard work in the heat to fish the Ronnie rig, but set it up anyway. - good job I did.
Tried the paste over micro and incredibly not one indication!!. So picked up the Ronnie rig and caught small Ronnie's, Rudd and the odd Perch steady over GB laced with LR's. The Big-un was who was catching F1's and the odd Skimmer on chop worm and caster most people were catching the odd skmmer and Carp on corn. Too late for me to change. Couldn't see a Wasp nest but three of the buggers hanging out with me."Hindsight holds a level of perfection that real-time decisions can't provide".
Now here's a thing a phone call with a family emergency only second time ever out fishing. Which wasn't really, by time I got there someone in Sainsbury's car park had got the car started with jump leads.
I tipped back about 5 lb of spratts and was unlikley to get anywhere near 10 lb of silvers. Did lose a Carp in the brambles - would be very difficult to land an angry Carp from this peg.
I don't have the results sheet but when it appears I will add to the blog. However, walking past Tony on peg, was playing yet another decent Carp so took a video for something to blog. Tony caught at 10 metres using corn over corn. The beautiful Common Carp in the video weighed in at 14 lb 7 oz.
I predict that The Big-un (pictured) would have the highest silvers weight as claiming 15 lb -3 F1's and some Skimmers.
No comments:
Post a Comment