Friday 7 October 2022

Thursday 06/10/2022 - Ray's Rip Off - Windmill Fishery - Match Lake

First thanks to Tony Rixon for his advice on repairing my reel. He suggested the bale arm was most likely bent, so I had a look and it was, easy enough to straighten. It all makes sense that if the arm is bent then it's in effect shorten hence not clicking over.

Second thanks to matey Kevin Bamford for paying my pools 👍.

A well done to the lads for completing all the platforms.

A few short today due to holidays, so some space. Into the draw bag and out comes peg 12 third carp flyer in a row. For company I had John Osbourne on peg 11 and Junior draw bag Bowden on 10. I had promised myself I wouldn't bother with the silvers but couldn't help myself - best check and see 😁, so set up the waggler and a 4 metre whip and two carp rigs - a 4x12 Roob for the RH margin and a 0.3 gram RJ slim to fish top set plus 2 barrels to fish at 11 o clock.

Started on the whip with LR's over same. This usually brings instant results so didn't take long to bin it. On to the waggler again with LR's and after thrashing around for 2 hours and having 1 carp that wouldn't quite reach 2 lb and 7 oz of Ronnie's I went for a walk around. Hardly any silvers coming out with 1 lb the most and a few anglers with 2 carp. I suspected that it would only take a big skimmer for a silvers pick up. Decision made to go for the carp. I had previously fed the margin with micro and maggot and the pole line with micro and a bit of chopped worm. So into the margin with a bunch of maggots on the hook and immediately had a response hooking a decent carp, bugger me if the 17 elastic broke - full investigation to follow. Refed and tried the pole with a piece of worm and had a couple of carp to 6 lb but was foul hooking far too many due to towing into them, the tow kept changing direction left to right right to left - frustrating. Refed and tried the margin again and after a short wait I abandoned it in favour of the pole. I did have an accidental Bream of 3 lb which was more than welcome. The upshot was I ended up with 8 carp with just one Mirror the rest Commons. Junior had caught well long down his edge late on and knew that the lost elastic fish might have made the difference. 

My silvers weighed 3 lb 7 oz for a second default silvers and with the carp took me to 51 lb 2 oz for third overall. 100% sure the elastic cost me a win.

Dave Willmott (pictured) won both the silvers and match with 4 lb 8 oz and 56 lb 10 oz respectively from peg 18. Dave caught a couple out in front at 4 barrels on maggot over maggot and micro and a couple of 12 pounders down his LH edge on meat over meat and micro. Well done Willy.

The default silvers went to Hubert " Handle Bars" Evans (pictured Jimmy Edwards look a like) just 1 oz behind with 4 lb 7 oz from peg 5. "Handles" caught at 11.5 metres on maggot over GB. Well done matey.

Back to the Ringer for a pint of London Pride and cheese rolls. Excellent way to end another great day out.

Result :

1. Dave Willmott 56-10-0 peg 18

2. Gary Bowden 56-01-0 peg 10

3. Mike Nicholls 51-02-0 peg 12

4. Paul Haines 43-13-0 peg 1

5. Paul Barnfield 34-03-0 peg 2

6. Dave Poole 28-08-0 peg 23

Silvers:

1. Dave Willmott 4-08-0 peg 18

2. Hubert Evans 4-07-0 peg 5

3. Mike Nicholls 3-07-0 peg 12  

Weigh Sheets:













No comments: