Thursday 15 December 2016

Thursday 15/12/2016 - Harescombe Fishery - Affordable - Match Lake

My Thursday match calendar is fully booked now until 6th April so today was the last chance to fish one of my Favourite venues for a while - Harescombe. Usual breakfast prepared by Chef Andy Price who had a River Frome hangover catching a mere 5oz yesterday. Talking of hangovers Roy Liddell was missing today apparently has started a three week Hogmanay.

In to the draw bag and out comes peg 8. Looking at the Lake pegging map I had plenty of room with Hookey two pegs to my right and Lee Waller two pegs to my left. Whilst tackling up Lee decided to make it five pegs to my left down to Alan Oram by doing the full Monty into the Lake complete with tackle box and all that was attached to it. In the process he broke three sections of his pole. I usually take the opportunity to take a video; however, Lee needed help so I was collecting all things that floated with my landing net. It was pack up time for him and go home as none of our clothes wouldn’t fit Lee, where was Andy Price when you needed him. Lee took it well and still had time for a smile (pictured right). Luckily his Android was still working.

The Lake has been fishing hard; however, it’s start where you finished the last match, well nearly. I set up the usual 4x12 F1 to fish full depth at top-set plus either 2 or 3 sections. I decided on a negative light rig in case, a 4x10 F1 to fish on the top-set with a long line down wind – RH side with pinkie 6 inches off bottom.

I started on top-set plus two with 4mm expander over damped micro and had an 8oz F1. I then had lots of shy bites so switched to 2mm expander and after three tugs I could catch a ½ oz bottle top every put in, a lot of effort for not much return. So after 45 minutes I switched to the top-set light right with single Pinkie over loose fed pinkie, which are a bugger to loose feed accurately. Plenty of bites from small Ronnie’s ensued. I then had a run of three decent F1’s which were soon to disappear and it was back to the Ronnie’s. As soon as the small Ronnie’s disappeared it was time to anticipate run of a couple of F1’s and that how the rest of the match panned out – Ronnie’s and F1’s.

I finished the match with 34lb to be beaten in to second place by 1lb by Derek Jarman (pictured right) who was on end peg 14 and caught over using maggot over maggot.

 Full Result:

1 Derek Jarman 35lbs 0ozs 0drams
2 Mike Nicholls34lbs 0ozs 0drams
3 Brian Duckett30lbs 0ozs 0drams
4 Alan Orum24lbs 6ozs 0drams
5 Terry Girdlestone15lbs 10ozs 0drams

Weigh Sheet:

A different weigh in today with Jemma Phillips (pictured right) assisting Andy weighing using her newly developed system match angling result service which can be logged into and shows the weigh-in live as it happens. Today I did copy and paste the result in from her website which can be found on:


Match-angling.co.uk

No comments: