Friday 17 June 2016

Monday 13/06/2016 - Residents Match - Viaduct Fishery - Lodge Lake

We got together with the other Lodge residents and had a ten pegger on Lodge Lake, which included regular angler Colin Dyer. I drew a first timer peg 73. We were later joined by resident Heron – pictured right fishing from the aerator.

I set up just the two paste floats a 0.3 gram PC paste float and a 0.15 PC paste float for the LH margin to fish the top-set up to the brambles.

I started out in front at top-set plus two and was soon catching decent sized Carp netting six very quickly before if went iffy. I then switched to the LH margin where I had been feeding some GB given to me by Nick Chedzoy at yesterdays match. I could see the small fish feeding over it then scurry out once the carp arrived which they did by working their way down behind the brambles (sneaky blighters). They were big fish judging by the size of their tails. I thought the GB was a little too fine for what I was trying to do so I started to feed some left over damp micro pellet. This worked much better; bring in more Carp and with it plenty of float swirling, patients was the key and to only strike at the slam-dunk bites. I did hook a very large Carp which pulled the knot through the bead of the side pull-a-bung ripping out the inter-costal PTFE bush and the tip bush so I lost the lot. A new 0.15 rig from the winder was soon set up. From this margin I caught I further seven carp up to 18 lb.

I know is usual for anglers to fish down the RH margin down to the tree which is about 12 metres but it all looked like hard work for a holidaymaker.

I weighed 6lb of accidental Silvers and 111lb 2oz of Carp for a second overall of 117lb 12oz.

The match was won by Tim Ford who had a late run down his LH edge fishing meat over GB. Tim weighed 124lb 4oz which included 18lb 7oz of silvers. Tim explains his match in the short video below.

Gordon Cannings won the Silvers with 25lb from peg 68, Gordon caught Skimmers on 8mm meat fished at 13 metres.



Full Result:

  1. Tim Ford 124-04-0 peg 53
  2. Mike Nicholls 117-12-0 peg 73
  3. Glenn Bailey 111- 02-0 peg 59
  4. Martyn Woodington 109-13-0 peg 56
  5. Gordon Cannings 107-14-0 peg 68
Top Silver:

  1. Gordon Canning 25-0-0 peg 68
Weigh Sheet:


No comments: