Thursday 28 July 2011

Thursday 28/07/2011 - Viaduct Cost Cutter - Carey and Lodge

Bela managed a day off (Skiver), so a breakfast feast was on. We decided on Wetherspoons in Street and after over paying in the pay and display (don’t give change do they Bela). We discovered that they didn’t open until 09:00: well we were out in the sticks with the in breeds. So no choice other than go Michelin Star (sorry Michelin Star priced) in the Bear Inn Hotel (pictured right). That said I thought it was good value for money, it certainly had Bela sweating – excellent quality. I will go again.

At the draw my mind was on trying to make a payment for some work I have commissioned which left me at the back of the queue. With Carey and Lodge in I was hoping to be on Lodge. However, I ended up my favourite peg – well lady luck thinks it is peg 86, because I have been on it three times this year, without caster in the bait bag and my refusal to fish the straight lead it was going to be difficult.

Well I have to confess to walking more yards than I had ounces in Silvers weight. I really struggled as they did each side, both DNW’ing. I even borrowed a waggler rod from Bela and fished a pellet waggler for an hour to no avail. I made up for it by being the tea boy for the cay (I now know how Tony Rixon feels). After finishing another cup of tea I spent the last 30 minutes in the LH margin with Paste which resulted in a 13 pound Mirror and two lost Carp pulling out of one and breaking on another. My small Silvers weighed 4lb 2oz and the one Carp 13lb 9oz for a total of 17lb 11oz. – not quite last. Shane Caswell who was on peg 87 said he had beaten me in the Silvers; I had to explain that was impossible as he blanked – in other words DNW’ed.
 
The match was won by Dan White (pictured right with the Silvers winner) from peg 73 with 96lb 9oz. Dan caught half his fish on the straight lead and the remainder down his RH margin.

The Silvers was won by John Green (pictured lower right fishing his method) with 47lb 1oz from peg 100. John fished “The John Green Method”.

Full Result:

1. Dan White 94-06-0 peg 73
2. Bela Bakos 73-03-0 peg 81
3. Craig (Trig) Edmondson 72-09-0 peg 90
4. Matt Fisher 61-07-0 peg 88
5. Lewis Greenwood 57-01-0 peg 80
6. Steve Seager 56-07-0 peg 98

Top Silvers:

1. John Green 47-01-0 peg 100
2. Rich Coles 38-0-0 peg 97
3. Terry Bruton 27-07-0 peg 105
3. Bob Gullick 27-07-0 peg 64

All the frame weights included straight lead with the exception of Trigger.

No comments: