Wednesday 22 September 2010

Wednesday 22/09/2010 - Carps AC - Cider Farm - Dabinett Lake

The match was panned to be on Sheppard’s Lake; however, Mark wanted to rest the Lake after a busy summer. So the match was switched to Dabinett. I was hoping for a different peg to that which I had on Sunday. It wasn’t to be, out came peg 21 again. I could hear the groans from the Carp Slayers. So was it to be a repeat of Sunday’s match? The pegging was exactly the same except peg 28 was left out. This promoted peg 1 to an absolute flyer for Chris Davis. So first in the Carp pool was settled. Both Chris and I expected the Carp winning weight to be lower than Sunday. However, I expected the Silvers to be better. Even though I had pulled a chest muscle I still decided to fish the same match as Sunday - for Silvers- rather than a steady day on Carp. I think I got it right on Sunday, but today I got it all wrong, particularly my assumption with regard to Carp not feeding as well. After a good first three hours on the Silvers everything was going exactly to plan – plus the bonus of no Carp in the net, although there were plenty coming out all around. Then I hit the Carp wall with the swim coming alive with them. I decided to try the paste at 5 metre and in 6 put in’s I had 6 Carp. Then I heard that Colin Golding had 40 Carp and Chris Davis was also bagging. Having decided that I would not now catch these two I spent the rest of the match trying to avoid Carp, mustering the odd Silver. I noticed that Steve Dawson had started to catch Silvers having had a slow start, catching Carp early. I now wish I had fished for Carp I think I could have done a respectable weight – hind sight is a wonderful thing! My Silvers weighed in at 15lb and my Carp 29lb 7oz for 44lb 7oz. This put me second in the Silvers and 7th Overall.

The match was won by Chris Davis (pictured with the Silvers winner and runner up - what a motley crew) with 174lb 14oz from peg 1. Chris fished corn in to the gully between pegs 1 and 29. Chris started cautiously then increased the feed to keep the Carp coming regularly all through the match.

Runner up was Colin Golding from peg 12 with 128lb 15oz. Colin caught at 5 metres using meat, feeding just half tin of meat. I think Colin ate the remainder!

The Silvers was won by Steve Dawson from peg 23 with 21lb 12oz. Steve caught most of his fish in the last 2 hours once the Carp disappeared (as they did for Steve Denmead on Sunday).

Full Result:

1. Chris Davis 174-14-0 peg 1
2. Colin Golding 128-15-0 peg 12
3. Mike Owens 112-09-0 peg 7
4. Bob Feltham 95-03-0 peg 18
5. Andy Gard 75-03-0 peg 20
6. Steve Jefferies 67-03-0 peg 10

Top Silvers:

1. Steve Dawson 21-12-0 peg 23
2. Mike Nicholls 15-0-0 peg 21
3. Bill Ferris 10-0-0 peg 6

1 comment:

tony rixon,s days out said...

you must have pulled that muscle trying to get your wallet out of those extra long pockets you have put into all of your clothes lol