Wednesday 16 February 2011

Wednesday 16/02/2011 - Carps AC - Bitterwell Lake

I had an issue with my reversing light and Auto Electrician Tim Clark came to my assistance and diagnosed it as a faulty reversing switch. Tim later purchased a new switch and fitted it within minutes. Thanks mate you’re a quality Engineer and come with my recommendations any time. However, watching you work I can now understand why you keep falling in the water - hilarious!!

Apparently sex offenders (including Paedophiles) are to have their names removed from the sex register after 15 years because it contravenes their human rights. Doesn’t the ruling Judge realise that these people are not human so don’t have any rights!!

Back to Bitterwell Lake after what seems a long time, but it’s only since last October. With an early morning frost and a chilly start my expectations were low. I pulled peg 8 which is between the diving boards and the concrete. Once I realised that I had plenty of room I was well pleased. I set up a Ronnie rig for the caster and a 4x14 Jolly for the Skimmers to be fished at 11.5 metres. I started by feeding "too much" of the fisheries “Cats and Dogs” 2mm green pellet. Starting on double dead red I didn’t have a bite, but foul hooked a Skimmer which fell off. To cut a long story short I didn’t have any fish on this line even though I kept trying on and off throughout the match with all sorts of baits and feeding. I jumped off the box and set up a 5 metres whip (which was about as far as I could feed casters by hand) with a small waggler attached. After trying caster and maggot I had to result to single pinkie to catch small Ronnie’s, at least I was now getting a few bites. This set up was the only way I could catch. I did manage two decent Ronnie’s up to 12oz by feeding three casters after every fish. If I fed more the fish seemed to disappear - where I don't know. My Ronnie’s weighed in at 9lb 14oz for third overall. All the fish seemed to be further down towards the changing rooms. I could see Bob Price and Steve Dawson catching regularly, whilst the road side bank was also struggling.

As I suspected Bob Price (pictured right with his skimmer catch) won the match with 19lb 15oz from peg 13 which included two small Carp and two decent Bream. Bob caught at 9 metres with 6mm expander over micro pellet.

The Silvers was won by Steve Dawson with 15lb 1oz of small Skimmers and Roach from end peg 14. Steve caught on the pole with pellet and maggot on the waggler.

Full Result:

1. Bob Price 19-15-0 peg 13
2. Steve Dawson 15-01-0 peg 14
3. Mike Nicholls 9-14-0 peg 8
4. Andy Gard 9-08-0 peg 6
5. Bill Ferris 9-05-0 peg 5
6. Steve Jefferies 4-04-0 peg 3

Top Silvers:

1. Steve Dawson 15-01-0 peg 14
2. Bob Price 10-14-0 peg 13

1 comment:

Chris Fox said...

I had the alternator pack up on my van, Tim came and fitted a new on on my drive, in the snow. First class service, I too would recommend him.