Sunday 10 August 2008

Sunday 10/08/2008 - Carps AC - Sedges - Brick Lake

Today was a question of "Over the hill". I drew peg 18 - sorry, Rich Coles drew peg 18 for me - last time I ask him! Rich drew next to me on peg 17 and Martin Rayett on peg 19 - I was up against it for the Silvers from this peg. With the wind gusting from 11 0 clock to 5 o clock (South Westerly) I decided that 7.5 metres was as far as I dare fish the pole (I had the feeder set up for back up). Plumbing up I found a flat spot directly in front of me that was about one metre wide, which was 10 inches shallower than each side. I pulled the plummet through a couple of times , and it felt clear of any obvious snags and bumps. I thought this would be an ideal area to catch Skimmers. On the whistle in went three lots of feed across this shallower flat spot. On went a 6mm GOT pellet and nothing happened until I snagged the bottom! After a couple of Skimmers snagged the bottom again. Out on the feeder which resulted in a couple of pound Skimmers. Back on top of my hill and a couple of more Skimmers - and so it went on feeder and up the hill until the last hour at which time I had about 10lb. I decided a change was needed so I decided to fish "over the hill" to my right with a big pot of caster and maggot, with Eels as my target. First put in - bit off by an Eel, second put in lost a Tench at the net (bloody wind). After that I put another 11 pound of Skimmers and one carp in the net by fishing double red maggot over potted caster and maggot. I weighed 21lb 13oz of Skimmers and one carp for 24lb 3oz. This gave me second in the Silvers by default and a pick up of £45.

Martin Rayett (pictured top right - cool dude) won the match with 61lb 13oz from peg 19. Martin fished chopped worm and caster at 13 metres and 6 metres with chopped worm on the hook.

Runner up was Jess Jordon (pictured right) from peg 5 with 51lb 110z, which included 17lb 5oz of Silvers which qualified him for the Carps AC Sunday Silversmania by treble default!!

The Silvers was won by Bill Ferris from peg 8 with a credible 25lb 8oz.

Full Result:

1. Martin Rayett 61-13-0 peg 19
2. Jess Jordon 51-11-0 peg 5
3. Dick Bull 51-0-0 peg 14
4. Mark Hanham 46-10-0 peg 16
5. Shaun Townsend 35-14-0 peg 7
6. Bill Ferris 25-08-0 peg 8

Top Silvers:

1. Bill Ferris 25-08-0 peg 8
2. Martin Rayett 23-12-0 peg 19
3. Mike Nicholls 21-13-0 peg 18
4, Jess Jordon 17-05-0 peg 5 (Qualifies for Carps AC Sunday Silversmania)

No comments: