Monday 22 October 2018

Sunday 21/10/2018 - Viaduct Silvers League - Round Two - Campbell, Carey and Lodge Lakes

I woke this morning feeling physical good. Bela picked me up at 07;00 and breakfasted in Cannards Well. The food wasn't as good as last time, plus I didn't have a hash brown. I complained and was assured that she had cooked three, Bela was looking like the Cat that got the cream. We were joined by Stu White who seems at the moment to have the Silvers sorted at Viaduct, so had a chat. On our way to the fishery Bela and I mentioned peg 132 again, and were subsequently worried one of us would draw it - or perhaps both of us! Not to worry the peg isn't in this year. Bela got close though with peg 130!

Late into the draw coffee tin and out comes peg 60 on Lodge. Umm, not what I needed. Last league match 3 lb 9 oz come from it! The peg is in front of the old stock pond that is now emitting hydrogen sulfide - I have now named peg 60 the "Stink Hole" - no smoking area I think. For company I had Steve Tucker on peg 59 and Jack "The Cat" Billet on 61.

I set up the waggler but the light was awful so could only fish it at 13 metres. I would definitely need the Ronnie rig if it was going to be a hard match. Finally a 4x12 Winter Titan to fish at 11.5 metres and 10 metres. I decided on a positive approach on the longer line feeding four balls of GB laced with DR's and caster and the 10 metre line off to the right with wetted micro for 4mm expander hook bait, which is where I started and sat there for 15 minutes without any indication, not even the usual early Ronnie. Not looking good. So onto the Ronnies rig with caster over caster and had a couple of Ronnie's, but it was slow. So I switch to maggot or loose fed maggot which helped. However, I needed more bites so another change to laced up GB. Whilst that settled I went out long over the GB with double DR's and caught tiny Ronnies, which was a pain fishing that far out.with most falling off. I decided to try and feed them off by pilling in the casters this worked in this respect but rendered the line dead except for a small Hybrid. During potting I did something to my shoulder making it painful to ship in. So decided to try the waggler with caster over caster. I really upped the loose fed caster in the hope of attracting Carp and hence Skimmers. No sign of Carp but had two 3 oz Ronnies. Subsequently decision made to fish the Ronnie rig for the rest of the match, which as it happen was the best I could have done. I caught Ronnies steady and added three bonus Skimmers to boost the weight. One of the Skimmers came right after hooking my only Carp.

I weighed 12 lb 1 oz for a second time section 5th only beating the two each side. I'm out of the league now after two indifferent draws. Interestingly my weight would have picked up coin on Campbell today with the Lake Silvers completely switching off.

The match was won again by Craig Edmonds from peg Carey peg 78 (pictured right with runner up John Fuidge - Trig pointing out he was beaten by 4 oz) with 40 lb 14 oz. Trig caught at 14.5 metres and 11 metres fishing caster or maggot over GB laced with the same. Mid match he switched to wagger and corn landing a few better Skimmers.
As can be from the results Carey was the Lake to draw!

Bela was second in the section so we had some coin for the Pinky Ponk.

Result:

1. Craig Edmonds 40-14-0 peg 78
2. John Fuidge 40-10-0 peg 97
3. Bob Gullick 30-10-0 peg 87
4. Gary O'Shea 29-14-0 peg 81
5. Alvin ? 28-08-0 peg 102
6. Gary Webber 27-0-0 peg 100

Weigh Sheets:





No comments: