Friday 20 October 2017

Thursday 20/10/2017 - Shiplate Farm Fishery - Cost Cutter - Main Lake

The biggest threat to this world isn’t Kim and Donald but the reducing amount of insect life. It’s been years since I had to scrap dead insects from the windscreen. Many of these insects are pollinators. We need to stop the man made cause sooner rather than later.

My Son has started taking his twin Granddaughters fishing and relieved that he has started them right fishing for Ronnie’s. Both pictured right with a nice net of Roach, naturally all caught on caster. Wish I was there. Half term coming up!

It was back to Shiplate where the weather by the BBC was forecast to be dry until 17:00. I don’t know why they spend so much money on their forecasts, better off with a fir cone! It rained all day start to finish!

A quick walk around and found a lot of Carp around pegs 1 and 2. As with most fisheries at the moment there is a lack of oxygen. Into the daw bag and out comes peg 11 for the second time, drew this peg last match. Happy enough but was hoping to fish a different peg, for a new challenge, however, I was to find this on peg 11. For company on peg 12 was Mike Laird. Dave Wride walked pass with a smile he was on peg 15 again.

Ronnie rig, 4x14 rigs set up and later a 4x10 for the margin. Started on the Ronnie and caster expecting to have some low hanging fruits in the net but after 15 minutes only had the one. Blimey Ronnie’s not feeding what was I going to do? Set up the 4x10 Speedy thinking they might be in the margin. I did have a couple and a welcomed 2lb Hybrid. Not good. So Went on the caster long with the 4x14 and caught some small Skimmers and a Tench. I had a 2lb Carp which I inspected in case it could be re-classed. I kept switching around with the three rigs losing three foul hooked carp in the process, by half way I went on the Banana walk to have a chat with next door neighbour, Mike who reckoned he had over 20lb of Skimmers fishing corn. Back in the saddle where I decided to try for Carp as they seemed to be active, so in went a couple of big pots of casters. With double caster on the hook I had a Tench followed quickly with 9 more from 1 lb to 3lb – happy days. As I had a big donation of casters at the Silvers league I was able to keep them going in, in abundance. I did have five Carp losing four foul hookers with one diving in the bushes trashing my float with me ending up with “elastic knuckle” pulling it free. This pulling in combination of the wet locked the joint on the top-set and number three. I decided to and try and fish with the sections locked because with an hour left and the Skimmers arrived and was catching quickly, but after some frustration got a new top-set and number three out. Unfortunately the wind picked up which made presentation difficult.

It was another great day out at this fishery with my Silvers weighing in at 24lb 10z (No Ronnie’s) and my Carp 34lb 12oz for a total of 59lb 6oz. Sneaking in on a default Silvers.

The match was won by Mark Jones (pictured upper right) with 124lb 6oz from peg 7. Mark caught on pellet.

Another great Silvers weight off pee 15 by Dave Wride (pictured right practicing being tea boy - with one cup – I got a picture of him smiling but saving that one) with 55lb 2oz. Dave caught on pellet catching Skimmers regularly at 10 metres until the last hour when the wind picked up switching his attentions to Carp in his margin taking seven decent Carp again on pellet. Well done Dave.

Result:

  1. Mark Jones 124-06-0 peg 7
  2. Dave Wride 91-05-0 peg 15
  3. Tom Light 88-04-0 peg 1
Silvers:

  1. Dave Wride 55-02-0 peg 15
  2. Mike Laird 29-06-0 peg 12
  3. Mike Nicholls 24-10-0 peg 11
Weigh Sheet:


No comments: