Sunday 30 July 2017

Sunday 30/07/2017 - South Gloucestershire Show - Sponsored Silvers Match - Windmill Fishery - Match Lake

There were some anglers that fished yesterday and some new. No Two Pots, I guess catching Ronnie’s on paste is not a viable option.

In to the draw box and out comes peg 13. Not too disappointed until I discovered peg 11 and 14 were also in today. The wind was blasting down into me at 2 o clock which would prove to be a bloody nuisance in terms of presentation.

I set up the Ronnie rig and a 4x12 winter to fish at top set plus three at 2 o clock. GB mixed dead reds and live reds ready; I prefer to loose feed live reds because I can throw them further, don’t stick to the hands. Started on the Ronnie rig and as I had expected started to catch very small Ronnie’s with the odd small Skimmer. I stayed on this until the wind got the better of the rig and me. I had previously fed some GB on the longer line and tried that and had a couple of small Perch and Skimmers. However, I felt the rig was a bit too light in the windy conditions. Back on the Ronnie rig and hooked a couple of Carp which weren’t played for long. With an hour to go I gave up on the Ronnie rig as the presentation just wasn’t right. So instead I put the 4x12 winter over the Ronnie line and caught a little faster, then disaster struck I caught my hook in the keep net unaware I shipped out not noticing what had happened. Until the hook length snapped trashing the rig. Decided to put on a 4x14 winter which I should have done much earlier because the presentation was much better and I started to get some better fish including a 1lb Crucian and a 1 ½lb Skimmer – opportunity lost – bugger.

My Silvers weighed 10lb 13oz for 4th overall and a decent pick up.

The match was won jointly between Vic Bush and Dave Willmott from pegs 23 and 21 – more or less the same pegs as yesterdays winning pegs! Both weighing 14lb 4oz. Vic caught on his 2 ½ gram float fishing chopped worm, caster and GB just up the far shelf. Dave Willmott caught on the pole at 9 metres fishing either maggot or caster fished over the same both pictured upper right. Both picking up £220.

All the framers from today's match pictured below.


Interestingly, there were lots of Carp hooked on the near side pegs with hardly any on the far side as per yesterday. Why is this?

Full Result:

Joint First: Vic Bush peg 23 & Dave Willmott peg 21 both 14lb 4oz
3. John Fuidge 11-07-0 peg 4
4. Mike Nicholls 10-13-0 peg 13
5. Shun Townsend 10-04-0 peg 10
6. Joe McMahon 9-09-0 peg 17


Weigh Sheet:


No comments: