Sunday 4 June 2017

Sunday 04/06/2017 - Windmill Open - Match Lake

Who should we have as leader of our wonderful country next Friday? – Today Teresa May said “enough is enough” – gets my vote.

First stop with Bela – a large Wetherspoons which is devoured in half the time of my Traditional! Bela spotted on the menu they will add two pieces of black pudding for 75p! Next time I suspect.

With a number of leagues on today the attendance was down to eight which was enough for the current and old Windmill Golden peg.  So two pegs for old Windmill pegs 1 and 26 and new Windmill peg 26! So double bubble for Bob the Bread Price who drew it with £255 up for grabs – I suppose it don’t worry a Millionaire and it didn’t. In to the box and out comes inform peg 18 for me which was one of the only pegs would block golden bullocks BTB.

I soon made up my mind to fish for Carp today so only set up a 0.3 Barnett to fish top set in 30 inches of water down wind to my right. So bait prepared – paste, coarse GB, hard 4’s, wetted micro and 4mm expander in case I Had to fish for Silvers (pictured right).

Had a walk around to maggot man Bill Ferris who was on peg 10. Bill showed me his feed bait for Silvers – can’t say too much but I did take the piss.

All in I started by feeding a ball of GB follow by dropping in the paste and soon enough I was pestered by Ronnie’s. Over the next two hours I netted two 8lb and two 2lb Carp. I was still getting pestered by my Ronnie’s. So I decided to have a go for the Skimmers so jumped up and set up a 4x14 F1 winter, getting a couple more of my Acolyte margin sections out. So moved out to top-set plus two with 4mm expander fished over wetted micro which I fished for exactly one hour. Subsequently I had a Banana walk around to Bill Ferris who estimated he had 8-10lb.  I went back and for the remaining 3 hours fished for Carp. As we have come to expect the nearer the end the better the fishing becomes. No exception to day, but with 15 minutes to go I broke my Landing net screw connector and had to walk back to the shop to borrow one.  In the 10 minutes remaining I caught two more Carp taking my total to 12.

My Silvers weighed 10lb 2oz (Bill) and my twelve Carp 98lb15oz for a match winning total of 109-11-0.

The Silvers was won by matey Bill Ferris (pictured right with the match winner) with 19lb 8oz from peg 10. Bill fished caster over his suspect feed on his top-set. Well done matey. Bela on next peg 8 came close with 17lb 12oz of Accidental Silvers – pity he didn’t fish for them.

It’s always windy at this venue, and today was no exception and it’s a question of beating it and using it, which isn’t always possible.

Six minutes to breakfast 6 minutes to the fishery and 10 minutes to the local pub, what more do we need.

Full Result:

  1. Mike Nicholls 109-11-0 peg 18
  2. Ade Crawley 59-0-0 peg 1
  3. Bela Bakos 47-01-0 peg 8
Top Silvers:

  1. Bill Ferris 19-08-0 peg 10
  2. Bela Bakos 17-12-0 peg 8
Weigh Sheet:


No comments: