Thursday 11 May 2017

Wednesday 10/05.2017 - Windmill Fishery - Shaun Townsend Just Turn Up Evening Matches - Match Lake

With the sun out and comparatively warm and little to no wind, it was grab it whilst you can, so off to the Shaun Townsend Windmill evening match. I only took the senile paste, hard 4’s and GB as I wanted to give the new paste a good match outing. Into the draw box and out comes peg 22. A good all round peg, but all of us tend to fish for the Carp on the evening matches so it really is an accidental silvers. On peg 20 I had good company with Chris Davis and on 24 Diddly Bonk. We have just 30 minutes to set up which was a rush even for me, just able to set up the one paste rig. A 0.3 PC float set to 3 foot at top-set plus 3 sections down to my right which is where I stayed all match. I fed some GB and within 10 minutes I was landing a very fit 10lb Common. After which I had two Accidental Skimmers followed by another decent Carp. It wasn't until the last hour when the sun went down behind the accidental Silvers winner (pictured upper right) that I added another five Carp, by which time I didn’t want to pack up even though I couldn’t see bugger all.

My seven Carp and the accidentals weighed 54lb 9oz and for the second consecutive match I was OOO (One Out Of) the coin. Very enjoyable match that is until you have to pack up in limited light.

Some say he is a vegan and handles his meat baits using surgical gloves, all I know it’s the Trig (pictured right with his catch) who won the match with 71lb 4oz from favoured peg 18 fishing long down to the first stick ups using ….guess what.

Full Result:

  1. Craig Edmonds 71-04-0 peg 18
  2. John Clarke 65-08-0 peg 13
  3. Paul Elmes 62-04-0 peg 3
  4. Mike Nicholls 54-09-0 peg 22
Top Accidental Silvers:

  1. John Clarke 5-0-0 peg 13
  2. Neil Mercer 4-07-0 peg 6
Weigh Sheet:


No comments: