Monday 2 January 2017

Monday 02/01/2017 - Ivy House Open - Match Lake

I was absolutely dismayed to read that Bathampton are yet again planning to put Siltex (or similar) in all of the three Lakes at the Dave Crookes Fishery. Yes it may not harm fish, but I am certain it seriously affects the fishing. For their reference there is no silt in Bridge Pool, so please don’t waste member’s subscriptions.

I decided to take Geoff Francis to Ivy House Fishery today. I did warn him it would be hard. A very heavy frost, plus we were to have wall to wall sunshine, not promising especially as the venue hasn't been fished or fed for a week. All the pre-match talk was about drawing peg 19. After breakfast into the ball box and out comes peg 16 on the causeway of Match Lake. No emotion. First time I have drawn next to Geoff who was on peg 18. I planned to fish for the Silvers so set up two rigs both 4x14 Malman F1 winters, one with black top and the other yellow. The upshot, I was right, it was rock hard. I caught six Ronnie’s at 10 metres over GB laced with dead reds with single dead on the hook.

I weighed 8oz for third in the Silvers!

I like this fishery because you get paid out if you win both Silvers and overall. You enter both so should get paid for both.

The match and the Silvers was won by David Halliday aka Baggy (pictured below with his good wife) with 19lb 1oz from peg 5. Baggy caught on the straight lead with a four foot tail with double soaked red on the hook. Apparently the name “Baggy” is a family given name going back many years to a great uncle who had an interview for a job (rare back then) and had to borrow his Dads trousers. Nice £100 payout matey – don’t tell the wife!


The day wasn't quite written off as Geoff and I had a couple of pints in the local on the way home, plus Geoff beat me today catching a 3lb Carp on the maggot feeder, well done matey great company.

Full Result:

  1. Baggy 19-01-0 peg 5
  2. Chris Timms 14-10-0 peg 4
  3. Eddie Marsh 12-03-0 peg 6
Top Silver:

  1. Baggy 3-12-0 peg 5
Weigh Sheet:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi mike
can i have bela email or number please
cheers
mark haskins

Silverfox Match Angling said...

Bela 07968302141