Sunday 1 May 2016

Sunday 01/05/2016 - Landsend Fishery - Open - Walters and Match Lakes

It was good to be back travelling with Bela again. It was our first time in the Landsend cafĂ©. Both of us were impressed with both the food and service. Bela didn’t notice that I sneaked two sausages on to his plate.

A good turn out with 29 fishing. However, Tony muddled the numbers and had one short in the draw so had to add peg 20 which isn’t normally pegged - Twat. I was hoping for a peg on Walters Lake rather than Match Lake.  Into the draw bag and out came peg 21, which I was reasonably happy with until Tony Rixon arrived on what I thought would be empty peg 20 – bugger. This was going to reduce both our catches. On peg 22 once again I had Bela’s Apprentice Joe Godfrey.

I decided to target the Silvers and as I had just purchased some Malman 0.12 - F1 floats I thought I would try them out with the semi-hards. So set one up initially to fish at 9 metres. As back up in case the float was too sensitive I set up a 4x14 Jolly. That was it. I started by feeding some wetted 2mm wetted pellet at 9 metres and was soon playing a Carp foul hooked in the tail, luckily it only had half a tail so it finally got in the keep net. I then had three decent Skimmers in as many put in’s, I was now expecting a good days fishing. Not. I had another foul hooked Carp which also found the keep net. I then struggled for the next hour so decided to convert the 9 metre line to meat and went out to 10 metres with the semi-hards. This worked much better adding four more big Skimmers and the odd Carp. I kept feeding the meat line which started to fizz but only managed one welcome big Skimmer. The upshot was that the 10 metre line started to produce Carp and in the last hour started to catch regularly, until a Carp bent my 16 - 808 hook which I straightened (not wise). Next put in I was playing a decent Carp for it to break the hook - now who’s the twat. New hook tied and more bad angling followed with the next Carp trashing my rig in between my keepnets. – Bugger. The Lolly was brought in to action but due to the few minutes remaining could only account for one more Carp.

My silvers weighed 12lb13oz and my Carp 47lb 7oz for a total of 60lb 4oz for just off the pace for both the Silvers and Carp pools.

The match was won by Gary O Shea (pictured right with some of his catch) from peg 16 with 103lb 4oz.

The Silvers was won by John Fuidge with 25lb 4oz from peg 8.

See the short video below where they both explain how they caught.

Full Result:

  1. Gary O Shea 103-04-0 peg 16
  2. Tom Mangnall 102-0-0 peg 61
  3. Paul Faiers 90-14-0 peg 70
  4. Bob Gullick 87-08-0 peg 41
  5. Tim Clark 85-05-0 peg 15
  6. Leon Hubbard 83-15-0 peg 13
Top Silvers:

  1. John Fuidge 25-04-0 peg 8
  2. Tony Rixon 19-12-0 peg 20
  3. Joe Mc Mahon  16-12-0 peg 41
Weigh Sheets:





























No comments: