Thursday 15 October 2015

Thursday 15/10/2015 - Windmill Fishery Open - Match Lake

Nicola Sturgeon MP the SNP leader is a very divisive; she has tried to divide our union and has certainly divided Scotland and gets right up my nose. Moderate Scots get her out.

Had the choice of going to Viaduct to have a practice for Saturdays All Winners Silvers Final, but chose to revisit my local fishery Windmill, knowing if I had gone to Viaduct and drew a Carp peg I would have fished for them!!

Breakfast at home, Muesli with Blue Berries followed by Five Beans on Toast, can tell Bela’s away, who is currently laying 10th in the Stafford Moor Festival.

In to the plastic square box and out comes peg 8, with the temperature dropping combined with a chilly NE wind I fancied the deeper pegs more. Make the most of what you’re given.

Two Pots came today and drew next to me on peg 6, will the paste still hold up!

I decided to fish for Silvers until the last hour then dip the paste into the margin where I would feed hard 4’s throughout. My margins had no cover whatsoever.

Two rigs 4x14 Jolly (I have had this particular float for 10 years) and a 0.3 gram PC paste float.

I started at top-set plus two with semi-hards over kindered micro. It took a few minutes to get my first 3oz Skimmer and soon after a 4lb hard fighting Common Carp which caused some disruption on my light 8-10 yellow Drennan elastic. Again it took a few minutes to get the Skimmers back I then spent an enjoyable 5 hours 30 minutes catching Skimmers, tiny Carp and one Crucian. I had planned to spend the last hour in the margin on paste catching Carp but because Steve Dawson pegged opposite was also catching Silvers well I had to stay with the Skimmers. But during the last 20 minutes I was caught by another three Carp losing three foul hookers.

My Silvers weighed in at 23lb 2oz and my four Carp11lb 4oz for a total of 35lb for first in the Silvers and 5th overall.

The match was won by new re-entry Andy Gay (pictured right with the Silvers winner) with 74lb 1oz from peg 26. Andy caught on the method feeder – enough said.

The paste is still viable with Two Pots weighing a 56lb 10oz third and picking up some super pools by default.

Full Result:

  1. Andy Gay 74-01-0 peg 26
  2. Lee Waller 59-04-0 peg 2
  3. Glenn Bailey 56-10-0 peg 6
Top Silvers:

  1. Mike Nicholls 23-02-0 peg 8
  2. Steve Dawson 18-08-0 peg 22
Weigh Sheet: