Thursday 21 May 2015

Thursday 21/05/2015 - Bathampton AA - Over 55's and Disabled - Dave Crooks Fishery - Bridge Pool

I had breakfast in ASDA this morning – not bad for the price.

Coming to the end of man flu so was looking forward to some fresh air. With 29 fishing there was going to be some difficult pegs in the draw. In to the draw bag and out comes peg 2 – again. I drew this last match and had 27lb of Skimmers, but the wind was blowing into this end as opposed to today. I didn’t know what to think. Arriving at the peg I found I had Mike Jones on peg 3 and Dave Poole on peg 1 for company, plus on peg zero I had the best angler here (pictured right). The Heron seemed to drop from his tree and pick fish off at will.

The swim looked devoid of fish with no signs at all. In for a hard day here I thought drawing the wrong end of the pool. And my feelings were to be substantiated.

I set up the usual Ronnie rig and 4x16 Jolly to fish at 9 metres, plus a 0.4 gram PC paste rig to fish on the top-set – probably a tad ambitious!

Starting on the Jolly with semi- hard pellet fished over kindered micro resulted in some tiny Skimmers which proved to be about all that was prepared to feed in my swim with most times the little blighters taking the pellet before it got on the bottom. I persevered with this only to get mores frustrated. So on to the Ronnie rig and caster which only produce a tiny Perch and two 3oz Ronnie’s. So I switched back to the Jolly adding another section taking me to 10 metres. Once again more tiny Skimmers. I tried maggot which produced similar bites and fish however, at least I didn’t have to keep baiting up.

This end of the Pool was fishing awful for Silvers so I went for a walk and wasn’t surprised to find that the usual pegs were producing the goods. It was clear that the only way was to fish for Carp. So returning to my peg I packed all but the paste rig away and sat on that for the remaining two hours. During this time I missed one bite and foul hooked two carp both of which were lost.

I weighed 4lb 8oz of Silvers – what a miserable days fishing.

The match was won by Alan Jones (pictured right with the Silvers winner) with 95lb 14oz from peg 21. Alan caught at 13 metres towards the opposite island using corn hook bait fished over corn.

The Silvers was won by Dave Bacon with 37lb 8oz from peg 29. Dave caught on red maggot over either the line he fed with GB or the line he fed with micro both containing some caster at 10 metres.

It appeared that the GB produced the best results today.

Full Result:

  1. Alan Jones 95-14-0 peg 21
  2. John Smith 47-04-0 peg 28
  3. John Fry 38-07-0 peg 16
  4. Dave Bacon 37-08-0 peg 29
  5. Paul Haines 32-12-0 peg 17
  6. Pate Greenslade 32-03-0 peg 11
 Top Silvers:

  1. Dave Bacon 37-08-0 peg 29
  2. Chris Rolfe 31-03-0 peg 15
  3. Paul Barnfield 30-04-0 peg 27
Weigh Sheets:





















No comments: