Sunday 30 November 2014

Sunday 30/11/2014 - Viaduct Slivers League - Round 5 - Campbell, Carey and Lodge Lakes

It was the Viaduct Silvers League for me today standing in for Clint Wojtyle and with Bela fishing at Westerleigh I travelled down with Gordon Cannings. We breakfasted in Canards Well which was OK again.

The weather is still staying above average temperatures for the time of year and with the sun coming through it was going to be hard. I drew peg 60 on Lodge Lake which was OK as when the fishing gets hard you can always get bites from the many small fish. For company I had Trigger on my right on peg 62.

As I was tackling up Steve Long was feeding pellet to the Carp in the stock ponds (pictured right – a beard isn’t just for Christmas). These Carp are destined for Match Lake.

I set a waggler, which didn’t get wet, a 4 metre whip and a 4x14 jolly for the Skimmers. I started by feeding 4 balls of GB laced with dead reds and caster at 11 metres. I started on the whip anticipating catching some Ronnie’s on caster over loose fed caster. It was soon apparent that the fish weren’t in the feeding mood. I did catch a few small Ronnie’s but it was hard going for everyone around me. I switched to double pinkie on the hook and had a couple of small Skimmers one was the biggest fish of the day a 12oz specimen. I decided to try the long line with single dead red, but the fish were tiny, hardly able to pull the float down. I sat on a caster for an age before swapping to double Pinkie hook bait this lead to catching small Skimmers and Ronnie’s up to 4oz for the rest of the match. I kept feeding the laced up GB hoping that a couple of big Skimmers might arrive which would have made the difference on the day. Alas not.

I weighed 8lb 3oz for 5th in section.

The match was won by Paul Elmes (pictured below centre with the runner up Phil Cardwell) with 20lb 13oz from peg 70. Paul caught steady all match fishing single caster over GB laced with caster at both 11.5 metres and 14.5 metres. Paul fed about half pint of casters and 1kilo of GB shared between the two lines.

 Full Result:

  1. Paul Elms 20-13-0 peg 70
  2. Phil Cardwell 20-07-0 peg 68
  3. Gary O’shea 20-06-0 peg 115
  4. Steve Kedge 19-10-0 peg 97
  5. Steve Tucker 18-12-0 peg 86
  6. Tony Rixon 18-06-0 peg 77
Weigh Sheets:




































No comments: