Monday 15 September 2014

Sunday 14/09/2014 - Avon Angling Top Six League - Final Round - Chiltern Trinity - Woodlands

Two Chews Bakos wanted a quantity breakfast today so it was off to Lillypool Café where a large breakfast was shown no mercy.

Earlier draw today 09:30 still later than I would like. A walk up to the Lake with Steve Segar revealed little to no signs of feeding fish, we both thought it would fish hard as it did last week.

In to the draw and out comes peg 25 again. I wasn’t too bothered about it as I was lying tenth overall with no chance of catching up so I planned to fish for the reliable Ronnie’s who I suspect would still show. For company I had Glenn Bailey on 26 (who went on to second in the match and winning the knockout) and Dick Bull on 24 so not a lot of room for us.

I set up a two Ronnie rigs, one to hand and the other a 4x12 Jolly, both rigged for caster. I also set a margin paste rig to fetch out any intruding Carp.

So it was heads down. After half hour it was clear that the venue was fishing hard with few Carp showing and the Ronnie’s not competing as usual for the caster. I kept my head down until half way when it went quite so in went the paste and a 7lb 1oz Common went in the keep net. It still takes a while for the Ronnie’s to recover, so rested the swim and had a walk up to Two Chews who was on peg 31. Amazing no one in his section had caught a Carp!!

I went back and carried on with the Ronnie’s until the last ¾ of an hour went the Carp were up on the top taking the caster so it was a question of chasing around for those extra ounces until then end. I was Amazes That I didn’t hook a Carp during this time.

I though I had about 300 Ronnie’s which would give me around 16lb. However, I was disappointed to find the scales go to 13lb 14oz. I usually under estimate my weight so I checked my keep nets when I got home for holes. There wasn’t any a ½ ounce Ronnie could get through. I count my fish in batches of 50 and put a 4 mm pellet to one side then count the total. I now reckon I added one too many pellets over estimating by 50 fish. This left me last but one in the section and fourth in the Silvers – 16lb would have put me second – but I didn’t catch that many!!

Bela came good in the last two hours of the match catching 50lb of Carp shallow at 6 metres giving him a section win and the Pinky Ponk honours.

The match was won by Shaun Townsend (pictured right with his catch) from end peg 23 with 72lb 11oz. Shaun caught a few shallow on pellet, with the majority coming from his RH margin on meat.

The Silvers was won by Joe McMahon (pictured right) with 19lb 3oz of Ronnie’s from end peg 32. Joe caught similar to me caster to hand.

The league was won by Paul Elmes (pictured right with the top three individuals).



No comments: