Thursday 24 April 2014

Thursday 24/04/2014 - Bathampton AA - Over 55's and Disabled - Bridge Pool

Breakfast in ASDA with Bob Warren and once again Wendy warmed Bobs butter!

A good turn out with 32 fishing making pegging easy with peg 20 and 2 left out. Having had a look at the water colour it didn’t look too good to me with a few bubbles coming up which obviously wasn’t fish, so what was it?

In to the draw bag and out comes peg 9. OK, but it’s the first time it’s been match fished since being piled. So a long bare bank margin for me today.

I set up a caster 4x12 Jolly for the margin and caster over caster, amazingly I didn’t have a bite on this for the first time ever on this venue. I set up a 4x16 Jolly for soft pellet over pellet, some 4’s and micro. This worked well for 20 minutes putting 4lb 12oz of small Skimmers in the net. Then for unknown reasons my swim completely died adding only one small perch to the Silvers to the end. What’s wrong I ask myself?

I spent 4 ½ hours in the margin trying to catch a Carp on various baits using my 0.3 gram Silverfox PC paste float. It took until the last hour before I hooked and landed a 17lb Common Carp. I landed a second 8lb fish with 30 minutes to go then broke on what I think must have been a foul hooker. That was it what a miserable days fishing. That said I did better than most with plenty of DNW’s.

Dave Bacon had a very expensive day, firstly crashing into Andy Smiths car and then breaking a number 6 section on his Diawa pole.

The match was won by John Smith (pictured right with the Silvers winner) with 105lb 14oz from peg 24. John caught shallow at 14.5 metres using banded 8’s over lose fed 6’s. John’s weight was comprised 13 Carp.

The Silvers was won by Barry Fitchew with 16lb 13oz from peg 1. Barry caught on caster over caster at 5 metres out in front.

Full Result:

  1. John Smith 105-14-0 peg 24
  2. Alan Jones 50-15-0 peg 25
  3. Mike Key 44-01-0 peg 18
  4. Dave Bacon 41-06-0 peg 15
  5. Dave Bruton 35-14-0 peg 6
  6. Bill Ferris 30-11-0 peg 16
  7. Mike Nicholls 29-12-0 peg 10
Top Silvers:

  1. Barry Fitchew 16-13-0 peg 1
  2. mike Jones 14-12-0 peg 32
  3. Bill Ferris 13-04-0 peg 16
Weigh Sheets:




2 comments:

Mike Jones said...

Have just spoken to John Smith, his weight was made up with eleven carp. Don't know where you got 23 from. As there are virtually no fish in Bridge under 7lbs I thought the penny should have dropped!

Silverfox Match Angling said...

I thought you were going to say "there aren't 23 carp in the lake"!!