Sunday 2 March 2014

Sunday 02/03/2014 - Viaduct Winter League - Round Four - Campbell, Carey, Lodge, Match and Spring Lakes

Breakfast in Canards Well was to say the least interesting this morning because the waitress as absolutely bolloxed (can you say this for a girl?). She asked Tim and Fabio five time how many eggs they wanted whilst stumbling around, she was hilarious!! Two Chews Bakos helped himself to a mammoth breakfast and still finished in half the time as me. I asked his if liked the taste of the bacon Bela confirmed my suspicions that he didn't know the difference in taste between any of the items on his plate!

My turn on Carey and I was hoping to be in open water with the forecasted strong winds behind me. Bela came back with the draw (pictured right). The first requirement was met with peg 87 but the wind was blasting in at 10 o clock. I initially just set up Drennan glow tip waggler for the Silvers, but was forced to also to set up the straight lead because of the bloody wind.

I started on the waggler with caster over caster and all though the wind wasn't conducive, the presentation was good enough to catch Ronnie’s. As expected it wasn't long before pegs 86 – Adrian Jefferies and peg 85 – Tim Clark were catching Carp on meat. After an hour and having only 2lb of Ronnie’s and the wind near impossible to feed or present I succumbed to the straight lead, but only after borrowing some meat from next peg Adrian. For once I was kept interested by liners and after an hour foul hooked a 16lb Common Carp in the pectoral, it took an age to land. I then tried the bread only to find that the small 4oz Skimmers were soon pecking at it (I know this because I came back with a few scales). Back on the meat and the last bite was an 8lb Common hooked in the mouth. My two Carp and 2lb 4oz of Ronnies gave me a grand total of 26lb 4oz for 12 points.

We were 7 points ahead of Avon Angling before today but I think they are now 14 points ahead of us with one match to go. both teams languishing at the bottom of the league table as shiwn below with one match left. 

I now understand why Carp Anglers use Bivvy’s nothing wrong with a bed, radio, portable TV and a stove whilst you’re waiting for bite in the bloody rain! I might get one if I fish next year.

Adrian Jefferies (pictured right with some of his catch and pissing with rain) weight wasn't recorded correctly. His first weight was 47lb something, next 18lb something and lastly 44lb something at least 109lb without the ounces. He was recorded at 101lb 2oz. Two lessons here, the person assisting should right down each weight and the angler should check them. Ultimately the onus is on the angler to make sure the weight is recorded correct.

The match was won by Chris Sandford (pictured right) with 166lb 8oz from peg 115. Chris caught on the straight lead with punched meat hook bait. Chris fed nothing all day.
The Silvers was won by Clint Wojtyle (pictured right) with 26lb 6oz from peg 12. Clint caught late on once the big Skimmers moved in over his GB laced with caster.

Full Result:

  1. Chris Sandford 166-08-0 peg 115
  2. Mark Williams 160 -0-0 peg 116
  3. Dave Romain 113-02-0 peg 64
  4. Tony Rixon 101-11-0 peg 56
  5. Adrian Jefferies 101-02-0 peg 86
  6. Dick Bull 93-08-0 peg 80
Top Silvers:

  1. Clint Wojtyle 25-06-0 peg 12
  2. John Harvey 24-09-0 peg 11
Weigh Sheets:






































League Table (with one match to go):



No comments: